Reviews for So Sorry...
LucyRowanVictoria chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
Sounds like you had a run-in with a Baptist or something!
Stereotypically they are a milder version of what you just described with the exception of the Mary comment; only us Catholics pay her much attention-but we most certainly do not worship her! This is a very common misconception. We honor her in a way that can be likened to honoring war heroes or Martin Luther King JR and Christopher Columbus. Any other questions about the Catholic faith are welcome! I am not a prejudice person nor am I one to say that you are the spawn of Satan or anything as such!
Justin J chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
*chuckles*

Yes, that described close minded Christians quite well. I myself am a Christian, but I don't think Wiccans are evil people. I believe the God gave us free will so that we may choose how to live our lives the way we see fit. He loves us all, regardless of our belief.

Sorry, I was being serious there, wasn't I? And this is quite sarcastic :p

I enjoyed it _
kuroi-urufu chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Now i have to thank you for writing that. Being Pagan and out of my broom closet (I don't care who knows i'm pagan. I don't annoce it but don't hide it either) i understand whats it's like to have a run in with some close minded Christian. Thank you though. It was nice and well writen. Keep up the good work.
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
This is great. I love the sarcasm, but I also sense an underlying vein of pain. You talked about how this relates to your personal experiences, so perhaps that is where the pain comes from? I am a Christian and have had "issues" with the religion, so I was happy to read this poem. You're a very good poet. Keep it up!
zach of waxhaw chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
What the HELL kind of nonthinking "Christians" did you meet?
Jasmine Olathe chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
"...it's the priest's job to understand, not ours, after all."

Um, hm...Was she Catholic? Doesn't sound like a very protestant thing to follow...

"...It's so unseemly for a lady like yourself to be so strong and independent./A woman should be meek and submissive, leaving all those hard things to the men,/who are so much smarter and stronger than we are."

I can't believe some PEOPLE still feel this way, let alone WOMEN.

Well, I'm still unclear about who exactly "Pagans" are. I've had Wiccans tell me the terms are interchangeable, but then others have said that "Pagan" is an old Christian word for any religion that wasn't their own (ie, Catholics would call Protestants "Pagans"), still others say that "Pagan" refers to any religion with more than one god. Anyway, good work. I'm glad you also realize that many Christians aren't like this.
WhinyPoetryFromGenerationY chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
Hillarious! I know a fundie just like this. Why can't they just accept us pagans for being a different religion and get on with it? Anyway, great poem.
BlueSword17 chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
That was Great!
zombiesatemyface chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
Heh. Very nicely written. The sarcasm expresses exactly the feeling I've experienced on a few occasions when close-minded Christians tried to tell me to repent for my "sins" and convert me to Christianity (I'm Wiccan as well) *shakes head* Anyway, I like the emotion in it. Wonderful job!
soulwings chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
This is so true. I'm wiccan and my good friend of 4 years just found out and now she thinks I am the devil's offspring and that I am going to go to hell unless I repent and turn to God. Geez... *rolls eyes*
Blessed Be -;-
Oasis Elvea chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
Oh my Goddess! This is almost exactly like everything Iv heard ever each time I run into a unfortunitly very closed-minded christian. Of course Iv ran into too many anti-pagan christians that Im tempted to scream 'bloody murder' at them. What ever person told this to your boyfried deserves a good slap.. This was amazing and quiet unnerving to see that people are truely like this. Amazing Margaret Brown this accually riped the words out of my mouth.
Blessed Be!
Oasis
SEP chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
By the Goddess, it sounds like my mother is speaking... I'm Wiccan, and can so relate to this. It's horrible that there's people out there who are so close-minded. And another horrible thing is that most of the close-minded people that I've met are Christians... Meh. Great job. I love it.
Happy writing,
-SEP
GinnyYvette chapter 1 . 11/30/2003
That was awesome. i've felt that way many times before. I'm wiccan by the way. it's sad that the only person out of my family that i can actually tell is my mom. shes still christian but she accepts it. its sad that most christians are so closeminded. i hope it gets better with time.
awesome poem! :)
.:Kat:.
Circus chapter 1 . 11/10/2003
Awesome! Truly awesome. There are so many closed-minded people I have come across that sound exactly like that. Thank Pan, not many, but still, there are those undeniably 'Christian' Christans. Yah gotta read into it, yah know?

Blessed be.
Dolphin chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
That's really good, and expressive!
34 | Page 1 .. Last Next »