Reviews for The Sun
PaintingWithFire chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This is great. You have really captured both the observer's and main character's POVs. I'm sorry about the way people react to your brother
o2l2 chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
That was a touching story, thank you for showing people the discrimination that some of us feel daily.
Damien Vlashtov chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Good story, I expected some sort of racial prejudice, but you showed a different picture, one that more people should be aware of. I liked the message. Good job.
altered carbon chapter 1 . 4/19/2005
Aww...that was really sweet. My mom works with moderate-severe-profoundly disabled children, and she has 2 children in her class who are autistic, so I can relate. I do have a suggestion though...you may want to break the story up into paragraphs, because I know that some people can't concentrate if it's all jammed together like that. Just a it!
Forbidden Shadow chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
That was great :)

My sister has a mental disabilty so I understand how you feel.
Denny Patterson chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
Wow. Very touching. This world is nothing but prejudice anymore. It's really nobody's business about how people act, autistic or not. Again, very touching
Janessavo chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
wow. I read the other reviews and, unlike many of them, I don't know anyone with disabilities such as that, and I probably can't begin to fathom how you felt, but your writing does a nice job of portraying the feeling. love to your brother!
Just one in a million chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
This was very beautiful indeed. I guess some people just don't know how they affect others, and a simple thing such as staring at that poor boy shows their horrible ignorance. Maybe one day they will recieve enlightment just as others have done in that paticular case. But as I always say, I have met 10 year old adults and 40 year old kids.

Very nice piece of work and I'm glad that I have read it .
hockeygurl316 chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
This is a great story..very realistic..it deals with autism...something my little brother has. It's a very down to earth story..i really enjoyed it.
S.W chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
My mom works with an boy, the brother of my friend, so he's always at our house. By posting your story other people can learn about autism. Good job!

(One thing... would you please make paragraphs? Other than that, again, good job!)
ButtercupHarmony chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
Hello. I really liked your story about your autistic brother. I have a cousin who's autistic, and my best friend growing up had an autistic brother. I want to thank you for writing this and bringing the problems of society's ignorance on mental disorders to the readers.
ForceMuette chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
quite touching, while a little sad about all the staring people. I do hope your brother started feeling better. Nice ending, also
The Stew chapter 1 . 12/15/2002
I think that it was really mean of all the people to just stare at your brother. But I think its nice that you and alicia (sorry if i spelled it wrong) talked. Good luck to you and your brother.
Maggie chapter 1 . 1/3/2002
That was sad and beautiful. Love to you and your brother.
girls-not-right chapter 1 . 12/18/2001
It was really bad of them all to start staring, but you have to try to see it from their point of view: a kid in a restraunt starts sobbing uncontrollably for what appears to them to be no reason. I think you shouldn't have taken him to a new restraunt he didn't know. If anything, it should have been one where he was comfortable. It depends on the level of autism. But he's your brother, not mine, and Alicia sounds really kewl and understanding.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »