Reviews for The Myth of Kore and Hades--a revision
Mimikaze chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
Dear amberlain,

I must say that your interpretation of Hades and Persephone's myth is a truly good one. You took elements of the historical versions and mixed them with your imagination to create a logical, coherent, and pleasant picture.
Nonetheless, I am sad about the fact that Hades and Persephone didn't get to know each other physically. It would have been the climax of their love, as they seem to harbor a strong desire for one another. But it's your choice.
Furthermore, your writing is delightful and kind of original. I liked it. You put some poetry or magic into your words, so that it sounds great to my ears.
Thank you for this great text!

Kind regards
filia regis chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Ok so so so so good! I have never read a story like this! I love it. You are amazing. I never would have come up with something so cool. Keep writing.
Engx chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I love how Persephone falls for Hades! I don't exactly like the idea of her being miserable for eternity as Queen of the Underworld. Also, Persephone isn't a virgin goddess, at least not that I know of. There's only Athena, Artemis, and Hestia. But still I love Hades's devotion to his wife. :]
yellow pen chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
that was really beautiful. i liked the wordplay on the pomegranate seeds a LOT as well as the justification behind the half truth and her splitting her time between the underworld and the surface
Luthiena o Lorien chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
Umm... It isn't "also called Persephone" the real name IS Persephone. Kore is a Roman rip off... I hate idiots who do not do proper research...
arielphaba chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
Oh wow. Just. Wow. That was so beautiful. I really am quite speechless. Your writing flows so well and I loved the way you used certain parts of the story to fit into your own wonderful interpretation. I love this myth and you just made it all the more enjoyable. You are *so* going on my favorites list. Amazing job!
Flutterlove chapter 1 . 9/19/2004
I don't think I will ever tire of reading Persphone/Hades retellings because it is easily my favorite Greek myth and I love the way you wrote Hades. I've always believed he was never quite the monster he is painted as. Beautifully written.
00Anonymous00 chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
I love it...but I was disappointed, only a little, when they did not sleep together...coz after all, Persephone's fall is the ruination of innocense...and well, anyway, it doens't matter. I love it. So good. So great. So brilliantly done. Your writing style is very original. Really is.
LustyV chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
great stori! KUGW!(keep up the good work)

azn**
zagato chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
This is great work! It shows how the fates of Hades and Persephone are intertwined and how they love each other. Amazing! Please write more.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2003
this is a great story!
Hekate chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
that was terrific. Moonstone Tears' The Blooming of Night's Fever was good, but htis is just as good! the length makes up for it being a single chapter, and so does your writing! continue with your fics, please.
CrimsonFuchsia chapter 1 . 7/16/2002
I love you for writing this. Simply the best retelling of the Hades/Persephone myth I've laid eyes upon - excellent twists to the ancient tale, wonderfully desinged characters and the piece as a whole sheds a whole new light on the legend. Also, I adorded the ending with Persephone's acceptance of the pomegrantes and of Hades' love. Beautuiful and very poetic and symbolic. This is just wonderful to read and you are a very fine writer!
Emilia R chapter 1 . 2/12/2002
GAHHH! I love this! This is beautiful - a wonderful new take on the 'rape' of Persephone. (I mean, really ... why say 'rape' if he did not violate her sexually? She would have been pregnant had he done so) Hades is so sweet! *smiles* I like this Hades. It's beyond romantic ... and I'm never sure whether to hate Demeter or to love her, because yes, she is goddess of plants and fertile earth, but ... she kept Persephone from Hades! Damn her! (not literally, of course!)

Anyways, there's my two cents on the matter. It's stunningly written, and I love this!

-Emaeleigha
Ky chapter 1 . 1/12/2002
I love this *revision* of the story of Persephone and Hades. I've always felt that they loved each other, though many myths say otherwise. Thanx!