Reviews for Empathy
raine dragon chapter 1 . 2/6/2002
it's...amazing, Itotaly love it :)
Nan chapter 1 . 11/21/2001
Ian says I can say it rhymes good. It does! Real good. I dunno. I imagine it slow, just drawing out all the raw emotion and emphasizing, stressing, basically intensifying the song's intentions. There, that's all I'm saying. You done good Ian!
craig chapter 1 . 11/19/2001
awesome awesome awesome. great work farf!
lionesspride chapter 1 . 10/8/2001
"Each person has a breaking point/A limit to the hurt"- I wish this breaking point were more clearly defined sometimes. It's good to know that no matter what, there is always someone there to help you get through problems. And it's always comforting to know that other people feel pain as well.
Euphoric Muse chapter 1 . 9/28/2001
this song has a definate sense of rhythm (good diction)and makes a good use of synesthesia while vividly defining empathy and setting the dominant tone to somewhat rageful and hurt while expressing compassion towards the unknown person it was written to. Two predominate yet seemingly contradictory themes as set by the tone in this song are compassion and rage; he expresses his compassion and willingness to stay with the unknown object of his emotions while expressing rage towards those who are unsympathetic towards his emotions and his friends emotions yet wants to protect them. he also incorperates finding a sense of self as defining worth. although the ending 'your soul is bleeding into me' makes it sound like someone else's problems were inflicted upon the author and not that the author was understanding their problems out of his free will which to some degree contradicts his definition of empathy because there is a sense of the author caring about his friends. overall, i liked this song for its overall effect. there ian, i tried lol.
Aaron Mason chapter 1 . 9/28/2001
strong peice. better than what I used to do.

my question is this: what do you do when you are fresh out of ideas?
The Girl Within1 chapter 1 . 9/16/2001
Wow, so deep, yet so true! I can totally relate to all of your songs(sorry, I didn't have time to review all of them yet, but I wanted to read them first.) I completely see where your coming from with all of your songs, epecially this one. Keep writing!
shy chapter 1 . 9/14/2001
i love this song. i can soo totally relate to it.
Scarlett L. Beckett chapter 1 . 9/3/2001
its so good...dude...i can't think of anything to say! It's really good? No...that sounds stupid...its GOOD! (And that's really really good) lol
GuitarPunk chapter 1 . 8/29/2001
another well written song. they keep getting better as i go through the list that you have posted here. it's kinda a comforting song actually, it assures that you're there when ppl need you. the lyrics are awesome and i don't know anyone that has written something better than this.
adfasdf chapter 1 . 8/27/2001
Needless to say, I love this song. It reminds me of myself, too many times. You do such an incredible job on expressing emotions through words. Bravo.
Hazel N. Mitchell chapter 1 . 8/25/2001
Mesmerizing...just mesmerizing. You MUST publish this...I can just see Mike Shinoda and Chester Bennington shouting out these lyrics...
Just Silver chapter 1 . 7/26/2001
I really like this song. Can I borrow one one day? I could do a song fic and that way I know my readers will see it. Who knows, some of them may even like it.