Reviews for The Tristal Chronicles
Katie chapter 9 . 3/27/2011
Hi Stephen,

Oh, how I wish I had read this story sooner. I love it! I'm saving the remaining chapters for later.

First, the good:

You certainly have a distinctive style. I think you've got a little Mark Twain in you! I can hear your voice in the narration.

I've also got to admire your ability to come up with a complex, involved story. I've tried many times to write fiction, and I've never been able to come up with a backbone for a story. All of your stories have a similar feel, but their own direction. I wish I could think up a good story arc.

It also cracks me up how you reference your other stories and yourself in this one. Nice work.

Now, some constructive criticism:

Land sakes alive, do you ever need an editor. The typos and repeated text make this story a bit of a pain to read. But then again, shame on me for never offering to be that editor.

In the early chapters of this story, I had a hard time telling the three main characters apart. I understand that they are all friends and have similar interests, but I couldn't tell you which one said what, or which one lost the stereo, or which one is the fantasy fan, because they all blended into one big character for me. I'm really excited that you've separated them at this point in the story. Maybe I will learn more about what makes Jason, Tony, and Richard individuals.

I can't wait to read the rest. Maybe I'll review again later.

Hugs, Stephen. Miss you.
SpawnMeister666 chapter 21 . 11/8/2004
Well it took a while, several hours in fact, but I managed to get to the end of this at last.
This is a wonderful story, and while it may draw on the traditional cliche's all the way through, it is perhaps a stronger story because of that.
I'm hoping that this isn't the end, and that sometime soon I'll get to read the rest of the tale.
For now though I guess all I can do is commend you on a job well done.
Spawny
SpawnMeister666 chapter 5 . 11/7/2004
I'm liking this story so far. Unfortunately I don't have time to read all of it now, but I fully intend to try and complete it in the next few days hopefully.
The pace seems okay and the characters well developed. The only minor gripe I'd have is with editing, as occasionally you make grammatical errors or use incorrect words, but for the most part it's very good.
Spawny
legacyZero chapter 21 . 6/15/2004
The story was rather enjoyable, I must say. There were a few spelling error in the early chapters but it was interesting nonetheless. Keep up the good work.
Blankeyes chapter 20 . 8/9/2003
Gotta admit, love the story. The sad thing for me is...my god it's taken a while to get this far. While the writing may be top notch, I've never heard of a story taking 3 years for twenty chapters. You've said yourself you don't seem to care much for people's opinions, but wow...36 months 20 chapters. I mean, by the time you get a new chapter out, I'll have forgotten all the others.

Tony is by far my favorite of them all, probably only because of all the things he has had to go through. Of course he's ALSO the most useless of them all and the one who seems to make the most mistakes. I mean, you must really not like the guy, sending him into slavery AND still not letting him find one of them special stones. Poor guy, gotta love the underdog. At least he gets the princess...or so it seems.

Again the only thing that saddens me is the wait from chapter to chapter, but PLEASE take that as a compliment. It's just another way of saying I can't WAIT for the next chapter. Depressing, but intoxicating. Keep it up!
Miller8 chapter 11 . 8/8/2003
Hey. I know that I said A-G-E-S ago that I was reading your story and was going to review it. I've had a few connection problems and been on quitew a few holidays, and have only just got this far. It is a great story, though. The way the characters are still half-assed and comical, even in the face of danger puts a large smile on my face.

It's also great the way you make them miss things that they can't have in the world they're in now. It's common for people to do stories like this, where the characters just seem to instantly adapt to their new environment and forget about the old things they used to have.

I'll keep reading when I can.
yohan111 chapter 19 . 5/20/2003
Hey Steve,

Whats up guy? I have waited and waited still no more chapters! are you ok? please respond! I hope this finds you well and healthy. If not than GET WELL SOON! your friend

Yohan
YOHAN chapter 19 . 3/10/2003
I like it so far when is the next post please

thanks; John
yohan111 chapter 19 . 2/28/2003
way to go steve i am awaiting the next chapter you really know how to capture your fans keep up the good work

john
yohan111 chapter 19 . 2/22/2003
the battel has begun the good guys are winning can't wait to read the next chapter thanks stephen

john
Tailkinker chapter 19 . 2/7/2003
Your writing is impecable. The twists and turns are wonderful. I am scared for Tony. I hope he gets out of this one. And to have the princess come to their aid, just in the nick of time. Amazing. I am on the edge of my seat.
The Hitokiri Onigiri chapter 19 . 2/5/2003
The rebellion is on... *cackles madly* And a new chapter is finally up! It makes my day to see updated stories...! *grins* I look forward to the next, whenever you can get it up...
yohan111 chapter 18 . 1/29/2003
so far I like what I have read thank you and I look forward to the conclution of this tale I also injoyed our chat the other day in the starfleet lounge (yohan111) please feel free to e mail me when you have added to the tristal story. I also noted that tailkinker is a rebel slave I sure hope she helps by playing a pivotal role in the rest of the war. I also liked the suptle referances to other tales like LOTR ect. I am looking forward to reading the other (4) stories you have posted to this site and would like to know if they are workes in progress or finished stories? thanks again! JOHN MALLOY
The Hitokiri Onigiri chapter 18 . 11/30/2002
I'm highly impressed at this story - very creative in every way! (Save the fact that I now know a few words that I didn't know before...-_-;) I hope you continue this soon. My curiosity is killing me!
The Hitokiri Onigiri chapter 2 . 11/20/2002
Do you know how hard it is to find at least remotely serious fantasy fics? My long searches have paid off! This is great so far! I'll have to read the rest later, but I'll review again then.

Oh, by the way, what would villagers with no technology do with a stereo and CD's...? o.o; The mental images send shivers up my spine. Keep up the good work!
35 | Page 1 .. Last Next »