Reviews for A Writer's Life
Pyro Freak chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
This is a superb description of what a writer's life really is. Too bad most people don't see it that way. You're right, pleasing the audience always seems to be a writers first goal.
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
You've expressed our feelings very well. We, the authors, salute you!
Alaskan-Lone-Wolf chapter 1 . 3/10/2003
aw, carter that says it all! _ what can i say..it was fantastic, it took my breath away beacuse that's exactly like a writers life! Very Cool! Keep it up _!

~*~IceAngel~*~
NuttyGummy chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
I like this. : ) Keep up the good work!
AaZz chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
goodpoem
Phantom of Whispers chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
Ah, this is a poem that creats a vivid picture, the image of the wonders and horror's of a writers mind. Some don't get it, some don't get it...but all that matters are the ones that do.

**I am the Phantom of Whispers**
Jade You Know Me chapter 1 . 12/6/2002
Hey,

This was so accurate. I think it described our world perfectly. Keep it up!

Jade
Dawn I. Cambridge chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
Yep, you've captured the truth... but there are good and bd things, and luckily in the end they balance out!
Moonwinges chapter 1 . 11/10/2002
You have really summed up how a writer feels very well! I love your metaphors - they take a little while to figure out, but when you do, they snap right into place. I think that you should make a minor change to the first metaphor though - writers don't visit places, they create them for others to visit. And even if you are stuck at a rest stop, it is still all in your mind, and you'll continue sooner or later. It's all true though, and very good.

P.S. Ops, you were right, the Visitor isn't a Fable at all. I was unsure of what to put it as, so it is now under "Supernatural".
Val Mora chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
That's so true - I never thought about writing a poem about it, though. Brilliant idea, and executed just as well. Great writing! (BTW, thanks for reading Card Zero! _ )
Nezumi2 chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
Loverly! _ I love it... And its so incredibly true. But I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Glacial Phoenix Mystiara chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Well i think this is a pretty much accurate description of a writer's life - *wry smile* especially the 'words that make or break us' part...yeah...one really bad criticism can really spoil a writer's day.
Melinda chapter 1 . 4/22/2002
I hope to be a writer one day. I understand that it is hard work but I hope one day it would be just like your last verse.
Ghost chapter 1 . 8/30/2001
Reminds me of O'Shougnassy's "Ode": "We are the music-makers,

We are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams;

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world forever, it seems."
Brad3 chapter 1 . 8/29/2001