Reviews for The mental and physical side effects of the bass
John Daily chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
Woohoo! Go Tigress, with your bad self! Ok, I realize this review is late, but this was very entertaining. I also had to comment because I played the tuba for 8 years. :) I love how your humor comes out of the natural situations.
Garnet Aurelia chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
lmao! XD That is the greatest thing I've read in a while. Aha... Yeah, I took my friend's trombone home one day and my arm nearly fell off after the half an hour walk home. It made me really appreciate how light the trumpet is in comparison... As well as how it only has 3 buttons to press unlike the flute. Ack. But bass clarinet? Never tried that, and after this, I doubt I ever will. lol
Zell chapter 1 . 2/21/2002
Wooo! Now that was hilarious! Your a pretty good writer! All I can say is that I can't wait to read your other things, they should be great! All of this was especially funny to me because I played the bass clarinet for about three months, but eventually switched to tenor saxaphone when I found that I didn't really need the music to know what I was playing! (hehe) Good luck in future things and keep up the good work!
Dakki chapter 1 . 12/18/2001
REALLY funny! Although I cannot Identify with playing a ginormous instrument, I played saxophone for two years and I don't think I cleaned my instrument ONCE. Needless to say I was extremely surprised when I came in one day and found that I had my own private mold farm growing quite well on my reed...what type of sax, you ask? tenor. And I had enough trouble carrying that around-I can't imagine base clarinet. My closest experience was bassoon, which, granted, was huge, but that only lasted a week (needless to say I was not first chair).
Perilous Mango Ninja chapter 1 . 9/29/2001
HAHAHAHHA! that's funny
Devestator chapter 1 . 9/25/2001
LOL! I love this story although I can't really identify with playing a huge instrument (the biggest I can play is the tin whistle) but still this is a great story! Especially all those nicknames like 'hurricane' n stuff. kids can be so cruel, but damn funny too. keep up the good work!
Megan chapter 1 . 9/24/2001
wow. that's amazing.
Flame Tigress1 chapter 1 . 8/29/2001
You've never played the piccolo, and you don't play the tuba. (And how are you a student of law?) The story is funny, but I hope you were intending for people to know that this isn't entirely true. Great spit jokes...they're really funny, and accurate. The good thing about a bass clarinet as opposed to an oboe is that the spit falls on the floor and not your leg.
Christy Gordon chapter 1 . 8/29/2001
Great Story. Man you switch instruments a lot! I've played the flute since 4th grade and I can't imagine switching to anything else(Although I have thought of switching to oboe). This was really cool! :)
Erik chapter 1 . 8/28/2001
Who is this trumpet player? Besides that little section it was a great story. )

-Music Man