Reviews for Land of the Free
JDWrites chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
I like the way you think! You've said it all and I respect you! In fact...you're a true American...you must be young. For so far, the only things I agree with have come from the young (such as myself) I haven't made comments or acted on my own, but I sit and I listen to conversations...and I choose what I believe.
wordtooler chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
*applauds* finally! when everyone else is speaking of war, and being anti-muslim etc, someone comes out who has their facts down straight, knows exactly what they're talking about and is unbiased. thank you so much for posting this and allowing everyone to "wake up".
Bourgeoise Bohemian chapter 1 . 3/11/2002
Ahh, very good! You rule!
symathetic chapter 1 . 12/12/2001
GO-GO Xenotra-o
LadySaturn too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 11/20/2001
This was good Xenotra, but ask yourself this: We may be willing to stand for our country, but at what costs? Are we really willing to risk the lives of both our men, and the men from the Middle East? We're all the same. We may not all be Americans, but we're all humans beings. We bleed the same blood, we all have a soul, and we all know how to cry. So, instead of crying apart, shouldn't we be crying together?
xtasii chapter 1 . 11/12/2001
you have no idea how good i felt to find someone who hasn't poisoned their patriotism with prejudice and ignorant hate. I'm a Muslim Pakistani. when i moved to the U.S. i came here to seek freedom and peace, a place where i knew i'd be accepted no matter what i believed or wehre i came from. this country gave me all that, but all that changed on Sept 11th. one day changed everything. i began to recieve glares from people on the streets, i had people throw things at me, supermarket workers refused to serve me, in school i got hate notes, threatening phone calls, someone spray painted a message in our drive way :"Go home traitors". the only people to stand by me through all ths were my best friends. i couldn't believe this was the same nation, the same people i had been living with before. now i know what to tell people when they wonder how America, the land of the free and the home of the brave did a 180 degree turn with the Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor. I'm just as angry as any one of you, in fact i have more reason to be angry, bin Laden didn't just kill my fellow Americans and hurt my home, my beautiful America, he hurt my other home, my Pakistani brothers, my long-suffering Afghani brothers, he thinks he's defending them, all he's doing is giving them a harsher death sentence, he didn't just destroy thousands of innocent Americans, he destroyed millions of Afghanis and Pakistanis and Palestinians, he destroyed millions of Muslims' identities, he just left my whole life in shambles, he just gave my everything, my origin, my religion, my appearance, my home, my background a criminal, bloodthirsty meaning.
firebug2 chapter 1 . 9/25/2001
The hate, the arrogance, the egomania, the cowardice and the brutality of your governement have always bothered me, i am glad you do not agree with it.
SEEKER-2000 chapter 1 . 9/18/2001
**applauds** couldnt have said it better myself! U ROCK!