Reviews for To Watch The Monarchs Die
Panthera ursus chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
If I hadn't of clicked on the qp's link... I wouldn't be... right someting like that again. You have a fan, at least one more, anyways. I'll be watching your work.
starsfade chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
wow... that was great. it hit me "right there" as people say. you've got a lot of talent! keep up the good work!
Bil chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
That was... scary? beautiful? heartbreaking? All of the above. Wonderful (though some punctuation would have been nice). First attempt at poetry, huh? Hope you make a second. And a third. And a... Well, you get the picture.
air chapter 1 . 1/30/2002
your love is so sad, are your eyes the same way?
Hunter chapter 1 . 9/29/2001
The gatekeeper is right, you should start writting more like that. It has something we all need, it snapped me back to reality, which I'm sure it has/will for others ... that is the best thing for us in times like these. I'm very touched by this poem.
The Gatekeeper chapter 1 . 9/23/2001
This may not be your normal area of writing, but it has definitely proved to be a very strong quality of yours. I loved this sad, yet somehow all-knowing, poem that you've stirred up in your magic pot. It adds a very personal touch to the feeling we've all felt when a loved one is gone (though maybe not one as cherished as the narrator's), and it makes you remember that time. Sometimes, we do hope the monarchs take us with them, or that they always stay around... watching us... The perfect touch, Melissa. Pursue this side of your writing, as it is well worth it to us, the readers.