Reviews for Burning the Bible
S.J.Jones chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
Another one of my favorites; your writing is very original and you use words that flow perfectly.
anon63 chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
I am in love with your poetry, and I don't say that lightly.
wet-hair chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
This is really good. I'm not a religious person, I haven't been to church in almost two years but I do agree with what you're saying.
elasticbobaturtle chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
Wow. That was good, really, really good. I can see the truth behind this. Even as a Christian, I realize that it's not about the religion itself. Religion will not stand the test of time, and religion most definitely has its faults. Because it's not about religion, but about your relationship with God on a whole different level. This was a really thought-provoking piece. Bravo.
maybeitsmaybeline chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
there isnt any words to describe how truthful that poem is. its wonderfully writting, i just love it.
lozfairy chapter 1 . 10/21/2004
This is truly a great poem, It completely represents my own views on religion. Really great writing.
lozfairy x
Orual chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
and the Christian sighes and says,
I know. Sometimes I wonder if today's church is any better then the pharasiees of old (heh, probably worse)
Mechanically, very well written. I like the fact its written in first person; it enables me to see myself as the "I" in this poem, thus understanding your position better.
E.L.Fairy chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
Oh my god that was amazing...i am speechless...I feel exactly the same way! Religion is so overbearing, so fake nowadays, all about money and the image your present, but thats now what god and jesus or any religion is trying to tell us! Thank you so much for a breath of fresh air to let me know i'm not the only one!
musicnote25 chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
whoa. that's interesting.
Individual-9086 chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
So true... Sometimes a society outgrows a religion. Ours is in the early phases.
Balderdash chapter 1 . 5/19/2002
The ryming sounded really good. And I loved the little bit of repetism you had. This is really, really good.
Heartless Lemon Meringue chapter 1 . 5/3/2002
wow... MY POETRY SUCKS COMPARED TO YOURS! I love it, the moral, the inconsistent rhyming, your use of churchy objects, also your repetition added to the quality of your poem.

KEEP IT UP!

;)
The Carrot Princess chapter 1 . 10/5/2001
That was extremely good. And that's how I feel at times...
jerry sizzler chapter 1 . 10/1/2001
wow..thats good...i'm wiccan and i completely understand
Thorn chapter 1 . 10/1/2001
Fantastic. It represents my views on Christianity quite well.