Reviews for Happy Birthday
iloverileypooleandtwilight chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
This is so true. Love it!
PaintedMemoryOfABrokenDream chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
I like this, very funny. Love the first and last verses. I should really try a structured rant.
Babagnoosh chapter 1 . 3/30/2005
Holy crackers! Yes, yes , yes, yes, YES. For a while there I thought I was the only one who thought birthdays were overrated. I loved that btw. Just wonderful.
Robert W Wells chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
I like your poem. birthday are very symbollic as it is a celebration that you haven't died for a year and a land mark which makes you review your life. It always rains on my birthday no matter where i am. because the god mourn their failure. Great poem
E-AIR chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
nice poem a little long but really nice
JTierra1988 chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
It makes you think but I like b-days they ARE special. ah well to each own... Keep writing _ JMBunny
JazzPizza chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
Perhaps it's not your usual style but...it looks like something you needed to get out and it's better said in poetry than screamed in the face of someone, neh?

Very biting and sarcastic and extremely witty...dark comedy and a way with words always tend to mix in the most peculiar and amusing ways. I like the "Congratulations, by the way", because it's such a fake line, and delivered in a dry context like that, it works perfectly.

I much enjoy the last two lines as well.

And the greatest part about this is basically that it's very true, despite being a different perspective on things. It just goes to show you that perspective is everything.
Mistress Jakira chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
I rather agree with this poem; I mean, as far as birthdays not being such a big deal. *laughs* My boyfriend thinks they're positively the most important things ever, but I'm inclined to disagree. I found some interesting and original insights here, especially the last one: "Yay! You didn't die this year" is just priceless. _ I can imagine from this poem perhaps how your "special day" went wrong ("Give money - that's always safe."), and just as a fellow human being I hope your next one is much better. _ Thanks for posting this stuff, I think you're really talented. :) ~MJ
arienaino yume chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
not bad. i like. you are right. when you make some verses have a rhyme scheme and others not, it makes you structured rant seem a little less structured.
Seri v. 2.01 chapter 1 . 8/1/2003
Cool. I like it. It made me think...
EloiseMidget chapter 1 . 7/15/2003
hehehe. I especially like the last stanza:

What are we really saying

On each person's annual day?

Yay! You didn't die this year-

See if you can not do it again.

Great! I'm thinking of writing a poem on birthdays, too...but based on my own experiences.
Upola chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
That was really good. You have a talent for ranting in a very structured and well written way. I know a lot of people who have great ideas, but they can't express them. But BRAVO!
Mrs. Norris1 chapter 1 . 2/13/2002
This poem really isn't that depressing at all...it's actually quite hilarious and very well-written! The way it's written...it's absolutely perfect! I especially love the end..."Yay! You didn't die this year- See if you can not do it again." Priceless! Congratulations (no pun intended) on a perfect poem!
Me chapter 1 . 12/21/2000
Very interesting...lol...but in a good way, of course
invalidusername chapter 1 . 9/22/2000
Raises some very good points. I especially liked the ironic tone of the last two lines.