Reviews for Rape
Jessica Pryce chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Oh, my god. This is what you THINK it's like to be raped? Sweetie, you have no idea. I am so tired of seeing rape in badly-written fiction or poetry because it’s never addressed properly, it’s used, and used badly, and used for all the wrong reasons.

Because it’s used and abused by writers we're running the risk of trivializing rape. Or, worse, seeing it as something slightly arousing...That point comes when it stops being about helping, informing, or supporting people who have been raped and becomes more about how many people you can shock and how many reviews that will generate. And that is really disgusting.

If you see a character raping someone, that is usually an indication that the character is meant to be evil. It’s quick and easy for you to do this. I wonder if you've even considered the implications of it?

Challenge me. Tell me you're right about using rape as a plot idea. It's so trivial, and so wrong.
evilmugglesnuff chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
I've come back to comment! X3

Anyway...wow...I like this one a lot. It seeps realistic in a...norealistic sense XD But I like that )

I had a friend who was raped (actually, it was more of an attempted rape...and there was multiple cases -kills rapist-). Her mother didn't believe her, and that's how most cases end up...;_; I could have done something about it, too...*sigh*But I guess my ranting doesn't belong on a comments area XP

But, just as I said, I like it.
Amorist chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
It's a good dark piece.

I think you should of put more emotions in it, but it's pretty good.

Short, but good. And dark.

Amorist
I Myself chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Very good. I, thank God, have never been raped, so I cannot attest to the accuracy of this poem, but I would imagine it is much like this as well. I especially liked the bit about the jackhammer.
Raya Dronaile chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
really depressing, and well...so close to experiencing that several times. good work!
Ckashid chapter 1 . 9/6/2004
The description of the tongue is well done. And the laugh. But I don't think the emtional aspect of the subject was played out enough.
Lynnie-Pooh chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
this is really good for the fact that it is talkin' about an uncomfortable moment...it was good though.
klipofffs chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
holee shiza
man o man
Squirrel Lejant 2 laz 2 log in chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
nice poem, just wondering tho, is it tru?
Tainted Muse chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
I like it, it's not that bad at all considering you're flying blind here. I think it's powerful, even if it is short. I'm not quite sure how to tell you if it's accurate or not. Somethings are, some aren't. It's good nonetheless. Great job.
Tainted Muse
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 11/30/2003
Yeah, I would imagine something like that. The sandpaper tongue was what got me.. don't know why. Just sorta.. creepy visual (o.O)
Disturbing, but I could see how you wrote it.
midnight dreams chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
Very powerful. Nice words too. Dark...yep. Dark, dark, dark. But very good. )
Seras Nova chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
That was...extremely angsty..to think someone as hyper and fun as you wrote something like this. You're a very divirse writer Cassie.

Keep writing.

-Seras
Phoenix Ignition chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
Interesting. The jackhammer gave me a rather nasty mental image that I didn't really want, but it was the perfect word.
No Longer Posting Here chapter 1 . 5/30/2003