Reviews for Analytic Introspection
Thandi chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
They sound like they are still in their teens; most probably mid- to late because I know that's when I started thinking that way, I still do and I'm 20.
shameshame chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
I thought the narrator was a 16-yr-old boy, and his friend was the same age but a girl. I'm a 16-yr-old girl.
A.K. Jones chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
I simply imagined a younger female, 17, 18, something to that nature and an older male that was college, late teens, early twenties. The female was questioning and trying to make the male (a friend, maybe older brother) comfortable enough to tell her these thoughts that seem to play over and over again in the minds of everyone-or at least me, and now I know, you.

I am seventeen and female...
anonymous-abc chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
I would guess the narrator and the friend to both be in high school, maybe 17 or 18. I definetely know that the narrator is a girl and I'm presuming the friend is too.

I'm 15 and a female.

Is this part of research? To see if a certain sex favors their own sex over the opposing one. Like since I'm a girl, I believe both of the chracters to be girls? you really can't answer back so this was a worthless question...oh well
InYakvilletown chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
"gender? hes a guy, that is what im thinking to myself, and now you ask me why i think it is a guy, the narrator that is, and i suppose it has to do mebbe with the fact what? 'mebbe'? ijust say it instead of maybe some times. why? i don't know why, but i guess its something to do with idiosincracies that i have, that how you say it, idiosyncrasy? i thought so too. yeah youre right i should get back to your question. well i think that he has to be a young male because i am a male first and foremost and i suppose that sometimes you can recognize the type of person that a person actually, gender wise i supposing, and umm, sorry, i got tounge tied. when you are of a certain sex like i am a male and you pick up on these type of 'things' you know, you can guess what sex somebody is through their written thoughts, ideas and so on that are put on paper know what i mean? it wouldn't be too hard to distinguish king from someone like shelley would it, shelly, she wrote frankenstein, you never read it huh that is strange considering that never mind forget it. i suppose that... what? yeah, i'm getting to that man! i suppose that the friend in the story is probably another yound guy i mean male as well as his narrator counterpart because at times the friend seems a bit impatient and frustrated slightly with his friend that is being hold up let me check, introspected? yeah, i think that is the right word. they seem like they know each other young people hand out, sorry, hang out with young people right? anywho, because of those characteristics i see him as male. i dont know though, people with sexual ambiguity trouble me somewhat i suppose because, oh, huh, you have to go now? alright then ill see you hopefully. what? what was that? oh youre right, forgot dude, im seventeen."
Autumndark chapter 1 . 12/15/2004
I saw two females . . . around my age, which is 16, and I'm a girl, as you know.I REALLY like the last line. Something very similar has actually HAPPENED to me, which is probably why I saw two girls.
anaisa chapter 1 . 11/17/2004
umm... i think its teenagers, maybe two girls, or maybe the narrator is a guy, i'm not sure. it's interesting though.
StaccattoToccata chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
Narrator is a 12-14 year old female, as is her friend.
I am a 15 year old male.
This was fun. The writing style is surely not proper nor orthodox, but the effect is wonderful. I like how the story is told from the perspective of the narrator, but at the same time feels centered around the narrator's friend. If this was an experiment for you, you may consider continuing to write short stories in this manner. As always, it seems, the ending is abrupt but at the same time natural. Gets me every time. Keep writing, it's great.
-Choco
chunkypeanutbutter chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
I'm a girl, I'm 12.
I think That the narritor is a guy, 16 or 17. The friend, I think, is the same age, same gender.
I really, really, adore all of your writings. You've got a certain style and all of you short stories are really, interesting and keep the reader reading. love it!
Jeremy chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
Hmm...

To me they seemed to be two girls. Currently taking psychology myself as a sophmore, I see them both about 15 or 16.

-a 15 year old boy
Neko-chan1 chapter 1 . 12/16/2002
Okay, I actually read this about a week ago, but I wanted to think more on this. So I printed it and took notes on what I was thinking. Sooo...here's my review! (Finally...x.x;;...)

Personally, I think that the narrator is a male and the questioner is a female. A lot of girls are great for talking their guy friends into doing something that they don't want to do. So it's also logical that the narrator doesn't really want to open up and talk about this thoughts. But then he starts to ramble-which somes guys ARE prone to do when they're nervous and when they aren't thinking about what they're talking about. Eventually, true thoughts come out in the rambling, which is what happens in this story. It's perfectly understandable that he doesn't want to talk about it and is embarassed-which we can see from his reaction. But (and this is another thing that I've noticed) females are usually able to empathize with others. Not all can do this, but a lot that I have known are capable of doing so. So she understands how he feels because she thinks the same things.

Age-wise? Late high school (junior or senior) or college. Some high schools SO offer psychology, which is why I'm not ruling out high school completely and I know that almost all colleges offer psychology.

I'm I'm a seventeen year-old female. (Stupid high school! *kicks*)

Anyway, I know that I probably messed everything up, but you DID ask for our personal opinions. And I DID try and think about this, instead of writing what first popped into my mind.

Keep up the WONDERFUL work, Rb! *glomps*

~Neko-chan
the random monkey chapter 1 . 10/4/2002
I saw the narrator as male, the "questioner" as female, and both in... Well, I think I associate it mare with place than age... Either in my 7th Grade health room (orange carpet, too many desks, and tiny windows) or my high school Physics class (average sized, tables and stools painted in cool designs, and no windows). I am 17 and- don't tell anyone, they'll make snap judgements- female.

Interestingly enough, I see you as being male. Hmmm... I'll stop wasting space now.
cafebrulot chapter 1 . 8/10/2002
Hey, that's what I think about :D...

And uhhh... the narrator is female and she's a little younger than the friend who is male... I think.. maybe... Probably because the personality of the freind reminds me of one of my friends who I know would ask me to help with a project liek that and the person thinks like I do sometimes... I'm 13 and female, if you must know... have fun :D
sophie chapter 1 . 5/25/2002
a teenage boy and an older girl that he likes asking the questions, im 14 and im a girl
Verdant K. Night chapter 1 . 5/7/2002
Nicely done. Especially with how you make the people seem, oh, I don't know,more... normal? The frustration of the person doing the report and the part about what the person thinks really made them seem more down to earth than in a lot of fics.

Person who's POV it is: Female, 13ish

Other person: Male a year or two older

Me: Male, 12