Reviews for Volume
Opiate chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
Its nice, and although its bluntly put, sometimes that works for the benefit of the piece. Your writing reminds me of Bukowski's in a way, the choppy prose and the autobiographical subject matter, they show that while it may not be a story entirely created from your mind, that you know damn well what you're talking about, and has a feel of "this is here. this is how it is and this is how it feels. its not here for you, its here for me. so if you dont like it, fuck off" type of approach and for the piece I think its fitting. I particularly loved the analogy of swimming out in the ocean watching the world burn to the ground, and it demonstrates the feeling that one gets while youre in love, like you really ARE the only two in the world. I cant say that you're an amazing writer, but this piece had moments that were truly stunning, and you understand love much better than anyone still in high school that i've met so far. I wish you two the best, and may the walls come in they'll fall on you both together.

(note: Kurt didnt headbang, persay. Headbanging is normally a singular motion, Kurt threw his entire body around, and while that does include his head, its not really headbanging)
crayolacolors chapter 1 . 1/19/2005
I liked this, a lot! It really flows... other than that, I'm jealous. I'd like to have something like that.
graciestars321 chapter 1 . 12/2/2001