Reviews for Refusal
Dalia N'Shard chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
I can't help but feel sorry for her,the sky claimed the life of two of her children,I wonder if,after the war was over,she tried to dissuade Lothar from becoming a commercial pilot,and when he died in that plane crash in 1922...she must have hated the sky, and anything to do with aviation.
HyacinthMacaw chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Wonderful job here; it's good to see other people besides me writing things on the German perspective of WWI. This captures the loss of WWI perfectly. Long live the memory of the Flying Circus and the Rot Kampfflieger. :-)
Della C chapter 1 . 12/12/2002
interesting poem... my mother is obsessed with WWI, perhaps I'll show this to her.

Je'Sorto: Human wars are rarely interesting. one head wound and ZAP! he's out. The poem is great, full of feeling and all such crap... seven bloody nights I'm tired...

Della: no ranting in the Review. Both of us agree that it r0x0rz.
Newkirk's Heroes chapter 1 . 3/21/2002
Why am I not surprised that this is so good? Lol...everything you do is wonderful! This is no exception, of course. It's such a cool window into the world of the Red Baron...you give perspectives to his life that I would have never thought of. I wish I had something more original to say, other than...I love it!
Portia Marlowe chapter 1 . 2/15/2002
I like your style-and kudos for dealing with Manfred! He rocks! I've been wanting to write something about him and the Flying Circus for awhile, but haven't had the inspiration. Sie sind ausgezeichnet! (sorry-I haven't spoken/written a word of German in a while :P) Keep up the good work!
Der Drache der Himmel chapter 1 . 12/1/2001
Danke for the review! Then maybe I'm not the only person who knows who Manfred von Richtofen was? . . . In any case, thanks for the compliment, and for reading!
finrod felagund a lazy person who didn't sign in chapter 1 . 12/1/2001
That was a very moving piece. Excellent work.