Reviews for Peace or balance
MichelleLaurin chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
This poem, rather calm and peaceful left an impression. I really liked the subtle rhyme. Great job!
Diamond Butterfly chapter 1 . 8/20/2002
Short and sweet.. But it still has a very good message, and I like it a lot. Keep it up.
The Angry Generalization chapter 1 . 5/12/2001
Wow, dude. You're starting to sound like Ghandi (no offence to anyone. Just the first idiotic thought that came to my head). I like the simple rhyming. It belies(sp?) deeper, more complicated meaning. Damnation! You're like Ghandi and Robert Frost put together! That's slightly disturbing. Yet... reassuring for some unfathomable (well, not really) reason. So, you don't like anger, you don't like neutral nothingness (No one would), and you love peace. You're too real to be real, you know that?
DawningFlames chapter 1 . 4/19/2001
i love free form. that wads good, tho a lot of ppl don't ask to fight, usign words is a form of combat that cannot be avoided, and should be resorted to first, tho it can do more damage than swords. I like how much it conveys in so little space.
Saturnine chapter 1 . 8/25/2000
My earlier works, I always tried to encase my hate in a circle of beauty, and that's a style I used quite often... until I got tired of it and just lashed out at the world. Unfortunately, it was not nearly as good as the earlier style. Now that I've matured through my poetry, I'm bringing back that circle, yet I'm keeping the twisted side in. This poem made me think a lot about where I was going with my poetry. I was starting to turn into a DarthNuriko (who's poetry can be found at /binkiyilo), who often uses anger in her poetry... and though it works at times, most of the time it ends up horribly. I love this poem, and like I said, it really gives me an idea of where I want to go with my poetry. Excellent.
Efils God chapter 1 . 8/18/2000
I suppose the (poor) poetry comment in your review was true. For some reason, poetry involving hate is always really bad, including my own. As for your poem, the message seems to be weakened by how short it is. Sometimes, however, it's better to keep what you're saying from becoming cluttered.
Lady Q chapter 1 . 8/7/2000
Tis a difference between masochism (which I do not do and never have) and self-injury(which I have done). And writing it in poetry form does help...what comes from the heart can never be explained because it is different to each person who reads it. What may be beneficial to one may make no sense to another.