Reviews for Ideals
PenMuse chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
It's funny how we all feel the same way, yet we feel as though we're the only ones who are hurting, init? Nice piece of writing you got there. Very well thought out too. Good job!
growing-up chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
boom.

that was powerful and brutal and wonderful and its going into faves.
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Great piece. It was very well written. It's true to life-especially in the last two lines. Good job! Good luck with poetry and life. Have an excellent day.

Twilight Starr
luv me like no other chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
This is so sad, but I understand what your poem meant. Sorta, really bittersweet.
Worlds Wonderer chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
This poem is amazing! I've read almost all of your poems today, but I think this one is my favorite. My favorite part is the last two lines because that's the painful truth for almost everyone. Ir's sad that most people are like that about one thing or another, including myself. By the way, I'm sorry I didn't review to the other stories I've read by you, but I just couldn't make myself wait to read the rest. I'm a very restless person. Bye and great work!
ESQUE chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
...Wow.

That was really amazing. I mean, it's funny 'cause I'm almost in the exact same situation (not completely, seeing as I can't figure out if I like the guy or not, but most of the lines hit key on), and I was just wangsting about it -

And my friend reads one of my blog entries and she gives me this link.

And I read your poem. It's absolutely gorgeous, and really strikes a chord. I feel like I wrote it myself, actually. xD Despite the fact I don't really write poetry. But everything, from the fact I tell him everything to the fact that he's pretty much my psychiatrist to the fact that I'm kind of addicted, and that I've really built up this image of him in my mind...

It's kind of scary.

It's amazing. I'm saving it.

And I'll probably link my guy friend to it...sometime in the far future when I feel more sure of things.
00Anonymous00 chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Seems like I'm missing a lot of good stuff here. How I understand this poem a lot...

Then again, maybe not. Ah, it's crazy.

Anyway, good stuff. Good stuff.
Stylo chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Woah. Honestly, I usually dislike free-verse poetry because it is usually just a meaningless string of words split into blind, senseless poetry has totally thrown that thoery of mine out of the window. In fact, your poetry has inspired me to branch out my own writing style, which isnt really that developed for a 12 year old. I love your poem "Ideals" for its simplicity and contradictions. It has such a beautiful verse-constuctions. I love the beginning, when you described what you did and then describe what others saw you doing. And the ending made me or less, darling, it (as my classmates do say) "rocks my socks". Yech. I can't believe I just typed that. Ah, well, I'm too lazy to up the amazingness of your writing,Bhamini
Leopardess1 chapter 1 . 1/21/2002
"Because the ideal I've created you into

Is a labyrinth of contradictions

You could never live up to

Even if you tried.

It would disappoint me if you did.

I'd hate to have my ideal

Because then I wouldn't want it anymore"

Very very true. I love it for its simple poignancy, its contradidtions and its relevance in my life. keep writing, don't deprive the world (or just this site, whateva) of talent.