Reviews for Bird of Prey
CnConrad chapter 36 . 12/28/2009
That was a very good book. This was a terrific story it was very well written and had few mistakes.

I have few problems with the majority of the story.

Some times the characters were confusing. Scottman was very smart at times yet ignored everything that his intelligence told him to do.

Up until the epilogue I really had no real criticism and thought this was a fantastic story.

I do have to say the ending was very strange if not down right disappointing.

I do not get why you ended it the way you did. I don't want to spoil the ending by mentioning anything. But I think it would have been better if the Yacht would have just blown up and killed everyone on it this epilogue did nothing to close out the story and left it with a very unfinished feel.
Pepper N Mint chapter 36 . 2/26/2005
That was pretty amazing!

You are an amazing author, the character were so believable, so real, so deep. The way that Lamper had an obsession with coke, the driving force behind Patricks passion, the mystery behind why Patrick didn't succumb to the virus... it added such depth to the writing. It almost felt as though I personally knew the characters I could almost sense their next move and then at times they would do somthing so out of the blue. The end was amazing, it wasn't anticipated, it had a feeling of finality and yet also left it open for a sequel. Very nice job! Keep up the good work, I hope to read more of your works soon.~Pepper~
lool chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
This is asowme, really it is, i cant read it right now though, no time. i want to read this cover to cover, but not in sessions like in class or somthing. I like it.
PScottman chapter 1 . 9/30/2002
Summary:

Sometimes even the noblest of choices are the wrong ones to make. One minute Patrick Ryan is a college senior on his way toward the Air Force, the next a horrible tragedy and a choice born of guilt and revenge changes his entire life. An action-thriller in the vein of Clive Cussler and Matthew Reilly, “Bird of Prey” follows the exploits of Ryan, now Patrick Scottman, a genetically engineered super-agent for the Central Intelligence Agency, as he attempts to not only unravel his own past, but also secure his future from the very man who created him. Tasked with bringing down a secret uranium mine hidden deep in Antarctica, Scottman is paired with an old rival, a team of cutthroat mercenaries, and a beautiful psychologist sent to evaluate his fragile psyche.

Hopping from Antarctica to Iraq and everywhere in-between he faces numerous challenges while trying to uncover his one true enemy – a cunning, ruthless power broker whose thirst for revenge is both personal and all-consuming. “Bird of Prey” is a roller-coaster of both action and emotion examining the effect guilt can have on the very choices we make every day and the obsessions it can create.

Demographic:

Like I mentioned in the above paragraph, this is along the same lines as Cussler and Reilly. It’s very fast-paced and action oriented. Obviously the 18-49 Male demographic is its prime target audience. It’s definitely a “pulp” novel, but written from many life experiences in locales as diverse as the jungles of Colombia and Guatemala to the streets of Venice.
Zaron of the Red Moon chapter 10 . 9/29/2002
'"That was low Scottman." She snarled, putting the beer down on the end table beside her.'

Gotta go, great chapter, as always. Wow, you posted it all on the same day. Woah.

Green Eyed Girl
Zaron of the Red Moon chapter 9 . 9/29/2002
Dread in his heart he listened to the rest of the briefing intently.

I have to go son, I'll review the next one when I'm done reading it, and do the rest later.
Zaron of the Red Moon chapter 8 . 9/29/2002
*Glares suspicially* Are you a famous author in disguise? Yes? Thought so. It's that good.
Zaron of the Red Moon chapter 7 . 9/29/2002
Letting out another deep groan, his side consumed with fire, he was barely able to spot another patron entering the garage and cry a weak bleat for help before the pain overwhelmed him, and he collapsed unto the pavement.

Woah. This deserves at least a hundred reviews. I think I might tell people about this story . . .
Zaron of the Red Moon chapter 6 . 9/29/2002
'On the floor of the helicopter Scottman just stared in disbelief at Killian.'

A good ending to a great chapter. Yep, this is a Michael Crighton book, well, it's similar to his writing style. The plot it totally different, of course. It's great.
Zaron of the Red Moon chapter 5 . 9/29/2002
Woah, how old are you? This is not the work of some 16 year old. 30? Hmm. You're a very gifted author.

'It was a firm handshake, not a crusher, but not a fondler either.'

I like that sentence for some reason . . .
Zaron of the Red Moon chapter 4 . 9/29/2002
This is like Michael Crighton. But, it also reminds me of Robert Cook. In a way. His plot's usually have something to do with hospitals, or bioterrorism involved. It's very good.
Zaron of the Red Moon chapter 3 . 9/29/2002
The humor, suspense, and action are balanced pefectly. It's a great peice of literature.

'He wiped the sweat from his still stinging eyes and looked down at the clipboard the coach had on his knee.'

A wonderfuly descriptive sentence.
Zaron of the Red Moon chapter 2 . 9/29/2002
His hawk-like features and pencil thin mustache gave the grin an ominous air, but then ominous was a word that very accurately described the man.

A good sentence. You work with words well. I'm sad that you don't have any other reviews. Maybe a summary of it? I don't know . . . It's a good story.
Zaron of the Red Moon chapter 1 . 9/29/2002
Wow. I really like your style. I'll have to go and read more!