Reviews for Am I American?
Dancing canadian chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
...do you like hockey? _ Don't worry, when it all comes down to it we are all just British because it was the British and French people that came over to the "New Land" way back when.
Phaere chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
I guess that depends on wheter you actually want to be American or not. I'm in the same situation, my father's german, my mother is german-polish. I'm the only one in my family with an american passport and citizenship, and my parents like to pretend that i feel every inch as german as they do. They always say things like 'All americans are crazy, dumb,...(continue a list of similiar adjectives)' I've been living in Germany ever since I was five, but I never really felt home here. I'm going to be leaving next year to England (My parents wouldn't allow me to go to America because americans are so crazy, dumb...)

Sorry. i'll quit my rambling. Your poem is great and it encouraged me alot. Thanks for sharing. Maybe we could talk sometime, if you like.
Cati chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
but in the poem, i'm saying that i am american, maybe i should have done a better summary. I'm the only american citizen on both sides of my family and its hard to identify yourself as one nationality b/c my grandmother is from South Africa and my grandfather is from Cyprus, so the poem is me reassuring myself what i am.
empty account chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
Everyone who lives here is American. No matter where they come from. It's kind of hard to be classafide otherwise here. There are so many differences.
mikae77 chapter 1 . 12/27/2001
every single human being is an American-free.

Thing is when you're in a counrty

you have to be called that country's name thing

I'm Mexican