Reviews for Trials for Kingdoms Part One: The Princess
Genevieve Sullivan chapter 21 . 1/19/2003
Hey!

Wonderful! Excellent! Keep writing!

An impatient reader
Maiasaura chapter 21 . 1/18/2003
Lovely as usual.

To answer your question:

Silence is normal. Garvin's first question is normal, as is her answer. Not being able to look at him feels normal to me. Garvin's second question is a little weird, but weird within the bounds of normality. It is a question that he would obviously have, but many wouldn't have the courage to ask it quite so bluntly.

I think Garvin would have answered Amaranthe's question. It seems to be her attempt at small talk, and that ought to be respected. Then they could get back to the meat of the conversation.

When her first excuse didn't work, she should have told the truth. She is so bent on hating him, and that it's easier to hate someone who's angry. Maybe that truth, while not making him exactly angry, would hurt him a little, and perhaps he will do something to make her hate him. Or maybe that's stretching it. In any case, it probably wouldn't lead to kissing.

And her feeble excuse is perfectly acceptable, given her thoughts afterward.

When he says he'll MAKE her love him, it sounds like he's going to try to force her, and that doesn't sound good. But the kiss afterward was nice.

In any case, it seemed to flow and make sense, and that's all I can really ask for, isn't it?

Update soon! I love this story!
Saunce chapter 21 . 1/17/2003
WHOA. I'm confused! What's the real reason for Amaranthe not wanting to get married. Is it because of Rune or because of who Garvin is? I got lost on that one. And I thought she really loved Rune. Update sooner.
QuicksilverDragonfire chapter 20 . 1/13/2003
I like the way u brought Bethine back in the story, but i didn't think she'd talk so formal. ne way good plot, but plz get back to Aramanthe, she's cool. Thanks for reviewing my stories by the way!
Genevieve Sullivan chapter 20 . 1/11/2003
~Author,

Pretty good so far. I'll be sending your next Chapter of the story very soon, for I'll be checking it. Keep up the good work with your story!

An Impatient Reader,

Kelly
Saunce chapter 20 . 12/24/2002
Kewl chapter. We finally get to find out more about the elves. Can't wait for more.
AngelTears chapter 20 . 12/22/2002
Good but what happens between Amaranthe and the prince!
LittleMaggie chapter 19 . 12/21/2002
I can't help but think, Gavin is cool too! I had to go back to check up on this story, seeing as how it's been so long, and I forgot a LOT of the beginning. Well I have all winter break to look over, but right now I'm liking Gavin :-)
cian chapter 19 . 12/17/2002
i like the story! I'm a little confused about the characters in the first 2 scenes that don't seem to be anywhere else in the story, but I like the story as a whole. I know that you don't want to rewrite your story to make her end up with Jak, but I think they'd be so perfect together! Anyway, whatever ending you decide will be great, I'm sure!
Angel Tears chapter 19 . 12/17/2002
This is a great story! WHats up with that prince and why is he soooo into amaranthe? does he really like her or...?

oh well keep going!
Maiasaura chapter 4 . 11/26/2002
I was just thinking, I would like to see something about how they met, and how they came to have this relationship. It couldn't have been easy, with her being the princess, and him only a knight.

I would also like to see more of the story. Keep writing, and update soon.
Sassy Sully chapter 18 . 11/25/2002
When are you going to post another chapter of your story? I've been waiting forever! PLEASE E-MAIL ME when you have posted the next Chapter. If you decide not to continue your story, I'll DROP DOWN DEAD!

PLEASE HURRY!

*~An impatient Reader
QuicksilverDragonfire chapter 18 . 11/7/2002
very good, try to use more formal language, not words like "okay" and such...very mysterious with the woman, who is she? Great plot so far, you're keeping me guessing, which is always fun...Keep it up!
Maiasaura chapter 3 . 10/5/2002
Then why does her father want her to marry Garvin in the first place? He would know that as well as she did. Or maybe he just doesn't care? Or maybe SHE is just selfish, because she would be on the right side, even if they did lose. What are the consequences if they DO lose? I guess it makes more sense now, but she has to marry someone. In chaper 17, her father says that if she decides not to marry Garvin, the crown will go to whoever she marries instead. And if she married, say... a commoner? or even a Knight? What happens then? Who else is there for her to marry? Maybe it's a prince from one of the kingdoms that wants to get rid of all non-humans, and that is obviously a worse choice than to marry Garvin. At least they're on the morally right side of the conflict. Maybe this also explains Penelope's attitude a little. Maybe Lane is the best ally to have in this conflict, at least on the right side. If nothing else, I don't see Lane choosing the wrong side. Write more so I can get some of these questions answered. And I still want to know what's up with the first two chapters. Are we going to see those characters again, and find out what this message is? Where is Drymlight and who is Mieur? Is it a non-human kingdom, with a non-human king? Anyway, enough of my rambling speculations. Update!
Genevieve Sullivan chapter 18 . 10/5/2002
...Wow. That was very impressive. I just started to read your fiction and it was so good I couldn't stop. it took me an hour to read it. Question: What happened to Bethine?

Keep writing!