Reviews for The Training of Women
ArisaKatsu chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
This was very good, I really liked it. It's got so much truth to it all. I especially like the lines "and not to betray not to ever betray anyone but ourselves" We do; we'll do so much for others and yet sacrifice a part of ourselves. Even if that means we cannot be true to ourselves. I'm not sure if that's how you meant those lines, but that's what I got. Anyhow, amazing poem!
Crymson Rhapsody chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
I really really like this, and can really relate. I like the repetition too, you used it just enough, and it stressed the point. It's going on my faves list :)
No Longer Posting Here chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
...wow...good job
Toireasa chapter 1 . 7/22/2002
A beautiful way of putting into words a warped sense of love perhaps forced on by society. To put it simply, I adore it.
Lornyl Mahtsae chapter 1 . 7/15/2002
interesting, hmm, I'l have to think on this one! :)
MidnightStar chapter 1 . 5/7/2002
i love it how you start out with "we train ourselves" because in a way of thinking it is the person who decides how to act, they don't have to go along and fit in with "the normal" of society. what we are supossed to do and what you do is two completly different things we make the standard to be set, nice poem

*~Blue~*
E. Gao chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
This should strike a painful chord in all of us (the female population, at least). It's tragic how we are expected to be coy and almost-fake, putting on a fa├žade for society. Excellent, as usual.

~EG
Couteaux de Soie chapter 1 . 2/17/2002
Wow...*shakes her head* Girl, you rock.
Drying Tears of Blood chapter 1 . 2/11/2002
It's a shame how women are repressed by an overly conservative society, no? It's a nice poem with a good sense of rhythm and various shades of emotion.
Dewie chapter 1 . 2/10/2002
Well, i have to say this one hits home.
Disappear chapter 1 . 1/30/2002
This one explains a lot. A ton, actually, would be a better word for it. Geez, makes me happy that I'm not an adult yet.

Once again, I luved it.
UniDagger chapter 1 . 1/30/2002
i am really enjoying reading your stuff. your poems are great. this one is so true. esp and no offense meant in this...if you're "raised in church"...that said, i realize there are some out there that dont cling to the out dated "me man you woman..heel" mentality. The one i was raised in..well..lets just say the strove to perfect the mindset. Took me a while to shake them lose and realize...women rule! hehe :) Ok, not that I didnt always know it. But it is hard sometimes to remember that you deserve just as much as a 'male' does. Im lucky to be living in a time when ppl realize this and are trying to return it to "every day occurances". (see i told you i ramble). Again, wonderful poem.
Yseulte chapter 1 . 1/29/2002
I love the flow of this poem.. it works very well. And the ideas behind it, unfortunately, are so true.
Wezen Solo chapter 1 . 1/25/2002
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I'm awful at writing poetry and the like, so I have enormous respect for anyone who is wonderful at writing it. You have a gift, that is certain. Keep it up! )
Meegwun chapter 1 . 1/17/2002
hmmm, scathing... i like it. I like it quite a lot, in fact. Again, deep truths.