Reviews for Self Defense
Moosher chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Beautiful poem. Very heartfelt and honest. You conveyed your idea and got the sad and slightly bitter emotion through to the reader brilliantly. Great writing. Keep up the good work, and never stop writing. God bless,

Meme
Manju chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
woah, dark. i love poems with imagery and i definitely love this one. great job!
words you used to know chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
I LOVE your imagery! I feel that creating that literary image is the key to free-verse, since it does not involve rhyming. And you've done such a wonderful job. The end, bringing it full circle, is really quite impactful. Great work!

RAWQ ON
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
Good use of contrast beginning/end

This is all about the emotions, with no background or clues except the mysterious 'I hated him'.

So in terms of emotion, this is clearly very strong. Lots of emotions flow through with anger being a common thread to the loneliness, sorrow and pain.

Nice metaphorical 2nd stanza is interesting.

Good end- very emotive, strong and raw pain piece.
Thetis chapter 1 . 11/10/2002
i have to agree with bib on the basis that i could only see pain in this poem, no real emotion, no message. However it flowed rather nicely and the imagery of pain was truly deep and detailed, the ending i thought was a little out of place. But that aside it shows enormous potential and great talent, keep it up _~
Dr. Tamwe chapter 1 . 8/27/2002
I wish I could think of something specific to say, but all I can come up with is that I love the last two lines and the way they contrast to the rest of hte poem. I *love* this. It's going on my favorites list.
bib chapter 1 . 5/26/2002
I didn't really like this one. It shows the pain but nothing my view there is something missing.A message
layne chapter 1 . 2/1/2002
I loved that one soo much. I can totally relate..sorry if I'm reviewing *too* much..are you getting sick of me? ;) Sorry, but i can't help it, I love your writing too much to not comment on it.
DarkStar01 chapter 1 . 1/18/2002
good word choice. i can feel it. keep it up.