Reviews for The Legend of Layre
natanna chapter 3 . 2/17/2004
Nice story.
The flow could have been a little better and there could have been a little more proofreading... but nice.
When are you going to continue?
CQueen-04 chapter 1 . 6/13/2003
Oh my goodness. That was a very good story. You're very talented. You have such imagination. I can't wait for you to write more. I couldn't stop reading it. Very exciting. Don't stop, keep writing. Very good.
Elfgirl2005 chapter 3 . 2/9/2003
ooh good story! i love the plot, very original! Keep up the awesome work and update soon!
AquariusDragon chapter 3 . 8/9/2002
This is a completely amazing story! You have a beautiful writing style and the characterization is very well done. This is actually the first original story I ever read (I usually stick to the fanfiction parts of the website). Well, keep up the good work and update soon!

I would have read & reviewed one of your Lord of the Rings stories, but *sigh* I never read any of J.R.R. Tolkien's books except for The Hobbit...

Always,

~*~AquariusDragon~*~
Elbereth94 chapter 3 . 6/9/2002
This is very interesting, and definitely original- most enjoyable. My only complaint, and it isn't really a complaint cause I do it too, is you have the rebellious princess, the gentle queen, your characters are a little predictable, you know? BUt, I wouldn't be too worried about it. In the story of mine where I have that, there is going to be some interesting twists that make the characters more original, and I am sure you have something similar planned. Please let me know when you update!
Ruby Faerie chapter 3 . 2/14/2002
Part Faerie? Cool, I wish I were her, then I'd be a wolf, a faerie and a human all rolled into one! *dances around* hehe
Fantasylover1 chapter 3 . 2/10/2002
MOOOOOOREEEEE I love it. Plz write more soon
DeeEe chapter 3 . 2/10/2002
GOOD story. I love the ideas behind it. I was sure it was the wolf part of her that made her want the woods. I love your explaination more though. KEEP WRITING OR...umm...well...oh I know...I WILL NOT LOVE YOU!
Kara Angelle chapter 3 . 2/9/2002
whooohoooo! Layriens? sound awesome! I wanna be a Layrien! please? *The little girl in pig-tails pleads with her friend, happily oblivious that even if Melanie says it's okay that doesn't neccesarily make her Layrien* I hope Elwyn does tha right thing, whatever that is. Ummm, this is REALLY good, I now understand the title, you planned this all along! Is berry wunnerful. write the next chapter please, I wanna know what happens.~Kara* p.s.- never ever quit writing even if you find out that you are really Layrien or something and go off to find your people, you can get a wireless phone and get on the net from the very center of the Layriens Woodland Kingdom. ~Leiryna
ArwenAria18 chapter 2 . 2/1/2002
This was cute :) I liked the interaction between Elwyn and her mother... and the Prince Charming-picking-out-his-own-name thing (which, by the way, was in my story Sleeping :) did you take it from there on purpose or was it subconscious? Heeheehee.) and the "girlish screams".

I think the only trouble I had with it was the execution of the events; things seemed a little fast. Although it might have just been me. And, of course, one cannot go at the speed of a novel on FanFiction... but still I think you should work a bit on making the happenings flow more. **laughs** I don't know how else to word it.

And then; a small thing; the Queen saying she 'was never good with affairs of state'. If she was Queen and had been Queen for a while, she would have HAD to be good at affairs of state. It's part of the job description, after all. Heehee. :) It just seemed (to me) a little misplaced to have her saying that. But then again, she is your character :):):):):), and there probably were queens somewhere who weren't good at wording things, or something. So... that's just a suggestion.

And I think that's all! Tata!

-ArwenAria18

P.S. The Banquet is the 9th... but I think I've decided not to go.
Kara Angelle chapter 2 . 1/27/2002
ooooo! This is alot like the PWH version! It still has Prince Full-Of-Himself and his girly screams! I -love- that part, absotively! it's very humorous! ack, I read tha other one so long ago that I'm not sure if you changed this chapter at all, hehe, I must go and read chapter nine of LNLH now, bye!~Lothriel*

p.s.- I had a great time in Mexico(bottled water, doncha know) and I got three pesos as suveniers, among other things(including a glass bottle of Mexican coke and a huge bag of the Mexican version of M&Ms, which are alot sweeter than real ones.)
Ruby Faerie chapter 2 . 1/27/2002
Go Elwyn! Show them what you're made of! hehe, poor suitors... little do they know!
ArwenAria18 chapter 1 . 1/23/2002
**shivers** I'm glad you decided not to abandon this one :) I think that my favorite line was in the disclaimer, actually: "I own everything... which means if you use it without my permission you will be haunted by three ghosts... wait, wrong story." Of course, the story wasn't humor, so that makes sense. Anyway, 'twas good! :):) -ArwenAria18
Kara Angelle chapter 1 . 1/22/2002
oooo! yay! hehe, you have it up already! I hope you finish it this time, this is a wonderful story and I can't wait for chapter two! KEEP WRITING! hehe, I only have a few hours before I'm off to bed and then off to Mexico! bye Mel, I hope you have another chapter up when I get back!~Angel*
Ruby Faerie chapter 1 . 1/22/2002
ooh! I like it alot so far! More please! Please?