Reviews for Infinitives
The Gatekeeper chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
Short and brilliant. No other way to describe it. The rhyming was so fluid that it was simply a bonus to the meaning of the poem. I'll definitely be reading your other works in the future, because your talent is obvious.
Ember Blaze chapter 1 . 5/19/2002
Overall, good. So good in fact that I took out a pen and did a thorough analysis of the poem. No I'm not an English teacher although . . . everything I say is opinion!

ahem.I liked the concept the idea of self confusion. Easily relateable. Something that everyone goes through and could easily touch any reader. Topic choice is always key. With that said I like the touch you used. It's personal and demonstrates emotion while retaining enough personal distance to allow the reader to internalize the poem, only increasing its effect.

Moving on, you have some great literary devices here. I love the paralell structure in the final line of each stanzawith the word infinity. Paralell structer is also beautiful in the first line of each stanza. The subtle change in the second is a nice adaptaion to keep the line from being repetative while ingraining it in our brains so that the first line in staza three, the alteration of line two stanza one, smacks us in the face.

The mirror imagery is good especailly with the mirror relating to the "broken" in line 4 stanza 1 and the seeking in line 4 stanza 3. These are all relateable to the idea of seeing which corresponds with the theme of the poem.

I also liked the use of the title and how it relates to the theme.

Okay, now that I've flattered you, this poem isn't perfect. I felt that the rhythm was a bit off in line 4 stanza 2 and the third stanza leaves me wanting something, it portrays both confusion of self and self affirmation at the same time.

I really do like this poem and all of what I said is merely opinion. Please do not be offended by the nitpicking, here's a story . . . the best reviewer I ever had, tore my story apart and pointed out the faults. It made me mad and unsettled me and I went back, revised and made the story better.

Good poem.
LittleMaggie chapter 1 . 4/4/2002
wow that was a really good poem. I wish I was good at poems but, sadly, I'm not... at least, not too good...
Terra Tigra chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
Wow, very nice. I love rhyming ." And this is perfect! It's smooth and I guess "fun" to read. Very good, Bravo! hehe ."

Arrivederci!

-Tigra- .
Demosthenes1 chapter 1 . 3/19/2002
After having painstakingly "to study" infinitives, this was nice "to read". I really enjoy your work.
SummertimePoet chapter 1 . 3/2/2002
That was like deep, Dude .
Ismini chapter 1 . 2/8/2002
It was short, but it got to the point quickly. It is really deep, like all of your poems, and you described the subject very well. It does a little mind and heart "discovery" which could be applied for anyone and everyone. Personally, it reminds me of Sora's image song.

I'm glad to see you're posting again! It has been long since you updated! _
JEANius chapter 1 . 2/7/2002
REALLY GOOD!
Deleted150 chapter 1 . 2/7/2002
Wow... that's really... expressive :-) I like it. Infinitives... I actually know what those are! I've been paying too much attention in English...