Reviews for The Plague
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
good job on capturing the horror of the plague
Blue Elven Wind chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
The poem flows nicely. Good use of rhyme.
Nerilka-chan chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
Nice epic-style poem. You did a good job with a constant rhythm pattern and kept the syllables under control. (Rather uncommon.) I particularly like your third stanza,

"The city breached

the peasants killed

and yet the wall doth stand!"

Keep up the good work. -Nchan
aleppine chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
this poem feels so darkly medieval, i love the gloomy feel to it. i assume you're talking about the black death? if you are, maybe you could do a follow up piece on the great fire of london that killed it off, it'd be interesting to see how you detroy the oh-so-powerful buggers that you describe as so powerful in this one ... 'harsh caress of the devil's nurse' is perfect. i also like the way that, when you use old english style speech (the whole thee business), you actually use it correctly. most ppl just get it mixed up and end up sounding a little naive, where it should really be making their work sound more mature. i see what you mean about writing with a cool head and a careful hand :D your style is very mature and calculated. major thanks for the realy flattering reviews, its not everyday writers get reviews like that. put more work up, though. and what, by the way, is the answer to the riddle? you ever planning to tell?
Quilir chapter 1 . 9/20/2002
Well you reviewed my poem so nicley, i will comment on yours

Well, first you you the word "the" wayyyyy too often, try inprovising with other words, i don't know throw in a thy once in a while to liven it up, and the stanza's (is that what they are called?) are too much alike, since you have such a long poem, the same thing gets repetative, but other wise nice poem, like your telling a story.

I write this not to get return the nice comment you gave to me, but as a helpful writer to help an improve apon your writing.

Oh yeah, you commented on my bad spelling so i will too... you can't spell :)

hope you comment on more of my work, and better than just calling it crappy (and i don't mean for you to say it sucks now _)

~Sour-Sushi~
Alexandra1 chapter 1 . 9/20/2002
thanks for reviewing on my poem. God, where did you get the idea for this? Im not sure weathor I should congragulate u on your good work, and exelent rymin, or send u to a crazy house for your desturbed words.
Black Rose4 chapter 1 . 9/20/2002
I like that...good job.

Thanks for reviewing mine!

~BR
kawaii-kiwi chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
Wow. Big men in their catsle think they're os great, till the little bacteria come along and ruin everything. I love it! Very nice word choice, too.