Reviews for The Artist's Tale
abc chapter 4 . 7/8/2013
This story really draws me in. I like tge setting, the characters and the overall feel of the story. In chapter one it said this isn't a happy story but I can't help wishing that it turns out well anyway.
oregonnights chapter 17 . 3/3/2010
I've never been one to review a work even if I have thoroughly enjoyed it. However this story is one that cannot be ignored. Maybe it's the artist in me, or possibly the tragedian? But regardless I cannot help but give this story its due respect. Much on this website is indulgent, badly written, and lacking anything but gratuitious erotica. This work however is one of the few that will stay with you. It isn't filled with annoying teenage angst as many seem to be; it has dimension. And while the story line may not be the most original, it is written with passion and well-spoken words.
Sanguineus chapter 18 . 1/9/2010
I loved it...despite the tragedy (I'm used to it since I have a lot of it in my own stories).

I totally loved them as a couple and of course seperatly. You did an awesome job
Max-Ashworth chapter 18 . 10/13/2009
I'll take a break from my uncontrollable sobbing to say that this was, quite possibly, the most beautifully written story I've ever had the pleasure of reading. It grasped my heart in the first paragraph, and still hasn't let me go. I thank you for spinning a tale that I'm sure to never forget.

Just...wow. *wipes tears from face* The last chapter was agonizing, but gorgeous.

During the epilogue, I stopped crying. I thought, Oh, this is wonderful! I can end on a happy note. But then he started wondering if he died young and, damn it all, I started sobbing again. It ended bittersweetly, for me, at least, whether or not that was the intention. I think it was perfect.

Again, thank you, it was wonderful. By far the best I've read in a long, long time. (If not ever. I'm serious. And I'm counting published works as well.)

AftG, Maggie.
Lovedward48 chapter 18 . 9/15/2008
Wow! I really like this story. The ending made me cry but it's a good ending. Humans are cruel. Alesso and Raimon are so cute, I wish they'd had more time together. Good job!
Kuraiyoshi chapter 17 . 9/8/2007
Fucker. This story will forever be imprinted on my mind. How you were able to create such a beautiful story, I have no idea. I don't know what to say.. It's been awhile.
Kanilla chapter 17 . 9/8/2007
Let me thank you.

I've had the lovliest evening for some time now, just spending the hours reading this utterly breath taking and beautiful story. I'm not ashamed to say I've cried too.

Creating characters that feel real is the trick, and you master the trick very well. So, thank you, I've enjoyed myself.

Raimon and Alesso's story is the peak of tragedy, and I really do believe tragedies are the most beautiful and powerful of love stories.

-Kanilla
dolly-dear chapter 18 . 3/24/2007
The ending is unbearingly sad and sweet, and it breaks my heart. Poor Alesso.. I had almost hoped i would be a happy tending.
urban kitsch chapter 18 . 1/3/2007
I love how your words flow together in ways that it seems they were meant to be and how you can capture such subtle and evasive emotions so truly. The people in this story aren't just characters-they're reflections of the greatest lovers that have ever existed.

It's beautiful.
hoya haha chapter 18 . 1/1/2007
Oh, wow. That's all I can manage to say. I read all of this in one sitting; addicted the moment I skimmed the summary. Brilliant job. Excellent. This should be published.

The story of Alesso and RaĆ­mon are without a doubt the exact thing I was in the mood to read. Very passionate. Very angsty. Very romantic.

As for Fabrizio's Story, I'll most definitely be looking into it.
0ri chapter 17 . 10/9/2006
That was... so... terribly... sad. I've been reading this without stopping and I just got it done. This story made me cry. That takes a lot of talent...

I really loved Alesso's bold character. ...I can't believe he died. This story actually makes me relent Catholicism even more then I already do.

This story was really amazing. I want to point out something else, too - the writing style. Really unique, and it captivated me completely, from start to finish. I don't read many things on this site; but I think this story is definitely an inspiration to get reading into more stories on here.
Drazuki chapter 18 . 6/21/2006
::makes a strangling gesture towards author::

OKay, I know I should have been more prepared because of the blalant "this is not a happy story" declaration, but I most certainly wasn't expecting that. (But no expects the Spanish Inquisition!)

Damn you, I almost started to cry! (Which is saying something, because I never cry over something like this). The spanish was a little awkward for me, thankfully I knew most of it (corazon was a little weird since the only endearment I know is querida)

Anyway, I love the characters (though a few got what was coming and a few more need to get it far quicker). Your writing is very styled and very easy to understand and love. (I sitll want to strangle you though.)

Anyway, I hope you continue writing, and not just boring ol' essays. Those have no entertainment value whatsoever.

Yeah...so...hm...

Write on!-KT
ddz008 chapter 18 . 4/2/2006
Great story!The story was right from the beginning... it was a beautiful one but with such a sad ending.I love it, you made a good job with this. Thanks for sharing the story with us! :D
Wallpaper chapter 18 . 3/26/2006
Oh my, oh my...I think i cried a bucketful of tears at that.

The story...i wouldn't say that i was an enjoyable read, but i must say that the ending couldn't have been better.

The reason i feel that i've been so affected by this story is not because i'm a hopeless romantic (though it DID contribute a little in it...) but by the fact that it was so...real.

I loved the fact that you didn't romanticize it, like maybe Alesso didn't return back to the whore trade after Raimon left for the monastry because he loved him too much to sell his body to another, but instead, he had to give in to the greater powers of society and went back to his childhood trade to survive. There are many more aspects to the story which moved me and made me cry, but i think that the best part of it was the realisticness of it.

Also, what could have the story been if not for your writing? At the last part of the story, where Raimon wrote of his final months with Alesso, you made us overjoyed at their happiness, but also aware that it was not going to last longer. But you kept us clasping our hands and not wanting the knife to drop until the last moment when it did, you totally changed the knife into a noose, with Alesso dying in place of Raimon.

I loved your story, and i hate to dissect this story more. It speaks for itself, and i will always remember it.

Now...for another story! Fabrizio's Story!
D.H. L'Orange chapter 17 . 12/30/2005
wow. this was just amazing. your characters were so real, and the ending was just so... bleak. i absolutely loved this story.

: )