Reviews for The Artist's Tale
AidianRusso chapter 18 . 2/27/2005
This is one of the most beautiful artistic mind numbing spell binding mind blowing creations I have ever ever read before.I mean this from the depths of my soul,this is a creation ,is a master peice for times to come,the description and feelings that must've went into this story are beyond my comprehension but alas let me stop my rambelings and just put it to you this way,You made me cry,not an easy feat and I just want to say that your an extreamily talented and wonderful writer and I hope to read much more from you in the future.
nite3 chapter 17 . 1/29/2005
Beautifully written.
Orestesmedown chapter 9 . 1/16/2005
I think this is excellent thus far, enjoying it quite a bit... Had a strange thought a bit ago though, I think it would make a nice title...
J.W.S chapter 18 . 12/31/2004
I must absolutely admit, I almost cried a little at the end, at Alesso's fate. This is a work of art, and I absolutely love, love, love it!
Spanish Dreams chapter 18 . 12/11/2004
I just read through the entire story. Terribly depressing. It was a wonderful piece though... sheerly beautiful despite the fact that it left me in tears. I hate depressing things. I loved this.
Hershel Cavanaugh chapter 1 . 11/26/2004
Wow...lovely start! I'm so sorry not to have time to just read straight through...but it's quite lovely!
Shoujo Kitsune chapter 18 . 9/2/2004
I think I want to cry. You story is so wretchedly brilliant. I love your tale, and your characters. The ending it sad, but it fits well with the tone of the narrative. It always irritates me when people make everything turn out perfect, but you give it some realism that most people don't achieve. I can imagine the characters so well, you are truly amazing. Thank-you very much.
winter-sakura chapter 17 . 7/29/2004
That was written beautifully. I cried for the entire last 5 chapters. T_T
fire in cairo chapter 18 . 5/31/2004
Beautiful and very poetic story. I loved every bit of it; especially the ending. Truly wonderful. Can't wait to start your other story - I'm sure it's just as great.
Thank you for taking the effort to write something so good.
Nina
Siluney chapter 17 . 5/19/2004
Ah, at last a STORY ! A plot, and real characters ! And (you're gonna think I love angsty things), it has a sad ending ! You dared do it ! The criticism I'd give you though is that you didn't give so much credibility to the main inquisitor - I forget the name - his idea of the painter's sin is not clear enough and maybe a little too simplistic. I mean, he should be able to answer every single protest of Raimon in a more intellectual way, maybe even more biblical - cuz I think magistrates are supposed to be a social elite. You don't insist enough on the constraints of religion. As a reader, I feel like Raimon could escape any time but is simply too weak to do so. What else... Ah the Hanging scene. Well done, during the whole time I was thinking 'she's not gonna dare, she's not gonna dare... she dared'. And I'm rarely falling for the usual literary tricks. (Hey, I have been trying to kill the main character of my novel for a while, and it's nice to see I'm not some kind of sadistic lunatic!) Keep on with the good work, you have potential. Why not taking the next step ?
MotherOfSighs chapter 18 . 4/21/2004
That was amazing! I love this period, writing a slashy one myself if you want to look. Anyway that was a brillant story!
Rivana chapter 18 . 3/19/2004
Oh god, I cried when I read this. It was not a happy story, no. Though happiness was there at times. Very beautifully written...and I do mean beautiful, it reminded me of a well crafted painting. You also captured what felt like a renaissance feeling at times. Very well done.
Love/Rivana
Hi no Tori chapter 17 . 2/25/2004
This is a wonderful, WONDERFUL story. I enjoyed reading it to no end - the characters are perfect, it's love but not smut, and the way you portray the horrors of post-medieval closed-mindedness is absolutely breathtaking.
I hope you'll write more stories some time.
Great work.
Lami chapter 18 . 2/5/2004
Hi. Let me just say (and I'd better get this out, because frankly I'm surprised at being at all coherant right now) but this is the best thig I've ever read, (and I read alot). Thank you for adding the epilogue, it finishes of the story really well. I'm now stuck between the temptation to curl up and cry, or go read the rest of your published work, and i think the letter will win out in light of the amazingly good quality of your writing.
I could only ever hope to write something half as incredible as this story has been. Maybe I'm just sentimental today. Maybe I'm exageratting. But some how, I think this one is going to stick with me for a really long time, and that's something to aim for when writing a story.
Finite Infinity chapter 18 . 1/24/2004
This story was simply incredible. I was on the verge of tears at least 4 times. It was beautifully written, and it just captivated me. Absolutely lovely. Good job.
130 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »