Reviews for A Life to Live At Little Harbor
neon-notions chapter 21 . 10/10/2008
I am under the strong belief that your story deserves more credit than it gets. It's shown me how to look at death in a very unusual perspective. The lesson you can learn from this is amazing! Thank you for writing this.
Erisah Mae chapter 20 . 1/10/2008
Tears in my eyes, but they're bittersweet, not tragic.

Your style is at times slightly rudimentary, but you convey emotions so well... the chapter where Jonny gives hugs to all her sisters was beautiful.

This is a gorgeous work, with a very realistic insight into what it is to be told the amount of sand left in your hourglass.

Erisah
freakyAngel chapter 20 . 10/22/2007
If you haven't noticed, your sequel was better than the first one. Technically, I mean. 'Cause the first one had more spelling mistakes and all that stuff.

But this plot wasnicer than the first one, too. I liked the first one, but it wasn't as deep as this one, or as meaningful.

Wanna know how much I loved this story?

I read the last chapter twice. This doesn't sound much, but I can tell you I have the tendency to skip a few words here and there everytime I re-read something just to get to my favourite part. But this entire chapter was just so perfect I couldn't skip even a letter. So yeah, be happy.

I also cried. I cried when I finished reading this chapter. Again, it doesn't sound like much, but it's the first time I cried over a story. Not bawling, mind you ('cause that's just not cool) just silent ones. But still enough to show how good this was.

Last thing. You know that feeling when something just gets to you, when you just get a tingle in your hands or a raw ache in your heart and it almost makes you want to do something so badly just to take that feeling away? I know what it is. It's when things just get so emotional, so heartbreaking, but you can't do anything but wait until it passes, and it's so raw and strikes something so deep inside you it's impossible to even try and control it.

For most of this story, I've been getting that feeling. There's been a few laughs as well, and I applaud you for that; but what's most incredible is when you've got me laughing and feeling that rawness at the same time. It's incredible because nothing else has ever gotten me to feel both at once. It's incredible because I never would've even imagined that a person could feel both at the same time. It's incredible because it still strikes something in you that's so painful and so beautiful you don't know whether to cry or laugh, then you end up doing both or neither. It's the epitome of bittersweet, your story.

In any case, this story was just plain beautiful. I'll definitely be re-reading it a few more times (especially the last chapter), so don't be freaked out by my continuous presence in the near future. Oh, and please don't kill me if I come up with anything inspired by this. I won't copy anything too excessive, I swear. Or I'll try, at least.

Thanks for giving me a new perspective in life. I don't think I'll ever hate life too much ever again.
ANGEL992210 chapter 20 . 3/8/2007
good job.
Alenor chapter 21 . 8/14/2006
heya, this one was a great story too. i almost cried. it kinda reminds me of a walk to remember in a way, only in this the girl gets to be with the one she loves forever cos they're both dead. ahh well, cya later ~ Alenor.
NoLongerHereIMSORRY chapter 21 . 8/3/2006
After debating with myself, I've finally decided that this one is my favorite out or the two. I loved it so much. And I was wanting her to get with Jake the WHOLE time. yep. Jake and I are the same age. Weird, he was born on June 30th 1990, and I was born June 16th 1990. lol. That means I'm older than Jake. :D Great job on this story.
leslienicolespeaks chapter 21 . 1/11/2006
OMG girl! if you don't get published, it's because there SERIOUSLY are something wrong with the world. I mean, I've been crying for the past... uh, ten chapters or so and if my friends knew this and you, they'd probably build a statue for you. I never cry and you have no idea how serious I am when I say NEVER. Your story just touched me so much, I don't even know why, but I guess that¡s the thing about liking stories, they touch you without you knowing why or how. Oh and i'm so in love with jake, seriously, that's amazing! I'm trying to read all of your work, but i guess that's enough for noe. besides, my mom is kicking me out cause its almost two am, lol. oh and there were more spelling mistakes in this one than the first part. just letting you know. oh and the paragraphs sometimes are way too long, but that's also partialy fictionpress' own fault. i meant, the formatting deal pretty much sucks, lol.
Juniper Nights chapter 20 . 11/18/2005
awesome but sad story
live-and-die chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
hello, i was glad when I heard you wrote a sequel to At the Harbor With NO Water, but to be honest, i was pretty disappointed that it wasn't about jackie and jason... i would really have read that with more interest, but seeing as you haven't... *sigh* o well, i'll still read this one, i'm pretty sure it'll be good, but at the harbor will always be better to me i guess...hehe.
Shaina chapter 7 . 6/20/2005
ok im a little confused.. is jake like a ghost? and uh Jonny? cause they said they both died.. explain :S
Shaina chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
you.. you little rascal! haha they were talking about Jason and Jakie :)
AlienVision chapter 20 . 7/14/2004
its like this. I have just spent the last few days readin the this and the other Little Harbour one. They are a great read. If you do ever get these published, can you please e-mail me? Or put up something on your profile? I've noticed you haven't updated or wrote a new story in two years on this site. TWO YEARS! ok, here's what you do. You get your ass on the chair, and start writing. fast. and then you update. and then you'll get tons and tons of reviews! I have no clue if you even check this site any more, but if you do, then update. or at least drop a note someplace.

if you are lacking inspiration then hit yourself on the head, and find some. if you are too busy, then make a time machine in the not-so-free-time and write more! if you are dead, then can you please e-mail me from heaven? if you dont leave any sign of life in the next year then I'll put up an obituary someplace. lol, why I jsut wrote the last sentence I do not know. because if you are dead, then you are probably not going to read this anytime soon.
your characters are realistic (well, maybe not jake, bonnie, and Coach) and your plot is so cool. I loved reading this, and cannot wait for you do write more.
write on!
doubleb19 chapter 20 . 6/22/2004
aww, that was such a sweet story! it was so...gah, I cant think of a word to describe it.. both this story and the story before were so good and you are such a good writer!
Flamingteen chapter 20 . 10/11/2003
o.o

wow

I loved this. That's all I can say.. these stories are the best stories I have ever read..
You Need More Flair chapter 21 . 8/12/2003
You should make the Little Harbor series into a movie.

I'd go see it.

I like how you have more that just one token black character, and how you didn't make race an issue in the friendships.

It's very good!

Will you try?

Please do.

Please.

Okay. I'm done now.

Bye!

Oh, and are you EVER going to update any of you original stories?

Ever?