Reviews for Writer's Choice
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 4/24/2003
That was brilliant! I've rarely read something so fresh and original. And in a few lines you've captured the essence of each weapon perfectly.

My personal favorite is the staff, though. And the daggers, preferably poisoned.
MadMorrow chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
Interesting little poem, a little short considering the range of weapons out there ;)

I'm assuming that the title is referring to what we as writers might choose for the weapons.

Seems to cross a fine line when dealing with weapons, whether your descriptions can be said to be their symbolism or their cliche. Personally I think too many people place certain weapons into very rigid and specific categories, that can limit their possible uses within a story or possible meaning can be seen as overused.
Loganberry chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
I always think you can't beat a set of good, sharp teeth. and yeah, I am reviewing this rather than anything else 'cause it's short. Lazy, that's me! ;)
AaZz chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
i like
Moonwinges chapter 1 . 11/24/2002
Huh, I never thought of it that way. So far, my characters usually only fry people with magic. I think there are even more weapons, like staffs and daggers and spears, that you could also add if you wanted more stanzas. I really like the poem though - it really makes you think about stereo-types.

Thanks again for your review on The Time of Legends! I have read "So You Want To Be A Wizard", but I was never even aware she had written any other stories. My sister was actually talking about how she'd like to live in a world with DBZ characters when I thought of it (Sad, I know.)
Kowski chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
...nurt...?

Anywhoozles...Good job!

Sminkleo
Carter Tachikawa chapter 1 . 10/26/2002
Another very interesting and well-written poem. Makes you wonder what to choose...I don't know what I would choose myself. Great poem. I'll be sure to read your fiction sometime soon too.~CT
Aurora Light chapter 1 . 7/18/2002
Hmmm. Interesting idea you used here. The rhythm seems a little off in the second stanza, but it's very good over all. I'd like to see more along this line. :)
Night Shade chapter 1 . 6/27/2002
Interesting...I will definitely have to read more of you pieces.
Alma chapter 1 . 4/18/2002
a clever little poem! i like it! _
Belldandy chapter 1 . 4/15/2002
O_o Ok... I don't get it much, but cool
FlamingDragon chapter 1 . 3/24/2002
ooooh...weeeeapoons...blooooood...preeeetty...

by the way my friends are going to kill you for mentioning blood to me. i hope you don't mind, heheh...

uh, yeah. u reviewed some of my stuff so i'm reviewing some of yours. feel loved.
Raiegki Leviathan chapter 1 . 3/12/2002
Zamber: A new perspective. Rekka, put the gun away.

Rekka: But...fine...*Throws Uzi behind her* I still don't see why a gun isn't an enchanted weapon.

Zamber: ...You still have your OTHER murder weapons, isn't that enough?

Rekka: Fine...Oh, Kaijinya, we changed our description. .
Toireasa chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
Hmmmm, nice work. I like it. Writers choice? My choice is easily a Scythe. ::sigh::
ShadowGal chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
Heh. Cute. Don't know if it was intended to be or not, but I have a thing for poetry and weapons, and seeing as this combined the two... Yay, is all that comes to mind, so... Yay!