Reviews for Jack and Jill
Catherynne Cleenteethe chapter 9 . 10/9/2011
I've read this whole story, and I must say: I love it. Seriously, you've got to be a Grimm Brother in disguise or something. This was awesome. Things like this make my day. You are soooo in my favorites list.
Sult-an Peper chapter 9 . 10/2/2011
My, what a tragedy you've written... But I like it, no, I love it in fact. Even if it's a tragedy, It's a very touching story. Thumbs up to you for writing such beautiful story _ . But why didn't they think for running away instead of suicide? hmmm...
Silent reader chapter 9 . 9/9/2011
A sad but lovely storie. I will never look that the rhyme the same way again.
Solana chapter 9 . 8/12/2011
This one is my favorite of your stories I think. I like how Jill has a rough life and Jack is jealous of her just because shes free. I like that it dosen't have a good ending. I don't think it could have one. I like how Jill talked Jack out of suiciding and then did it herself after he fell. It dark and creepy and very well written.
Bertie the Redwood chapter 9 . 8/3/2011
Eerie and chilly. Very well written, though I think I need to go read something happy now :) Excellent work.

~Bertie the Redwood~
use.less.woman chapter 9 . 7/19/2011
Wow...this was great! I would not have changed a thing. The was it was written and the progression of the story. I am in shock. I think this is the best written story I have read on the fictionpress.
itsthebeatingofhishideousheart chapter 9 . 7/16/2011
Wow. I really enjoyed this one! Well done! xx
mylifeismine chapter 9 . 7/12/2011
awww, i really liked how you were able to make the ending the children's song. very creative. nice job!
Acrimony27 chapter 9 . 6/4/2011
Tis definitely a well written story but depressing in it's entirety to be sure. Very well done but I do feel the need for a pick-me-up before I turn in for bed. Not the best bedtime story I guess. Tragic.
Kill Me Softly chapter 8 . 5/10/2011
This was just plain perfection! You've managed to capture the suspense, violence, drama, romance of this "novel"; turned a beautiful nursery rhyme into something dark and made me cried and wince at the same time! BRAVO! -claps-

Lani Lenore, this story is an all-time favorite on my list.

You have inspired me to step up my game and to improve my writing skills! This story - just one chapter of it - puts my work to shame. But let's just ignore the fact that I'm 12...

I love it when innocent stuff like this gets turned into something... gory.

I pity Jack and Jill.

Overall: 11 out of 10.
Fairytale x chapter 9 . 5/3/2011
I’m crying. You have actually made me cry.

I didn’t like Jack at first, but as the story went on I started to like him. His story was just as sad as Jill’s and if it was his story that was told, I think I would have loved him. But Jill! Her life just seemed to be an endless cycle of misery. I really didn’t like all the things she had to suffer. I just wanted to end it all for her.

It’s strange actually, I think you intended Jill’s Dad to be the villain, but I actually saw it to be the Preacher. He did nothing when Jill was being beaten and he was horrible to his son. This kind of made me question some religious ideas and the absolute absurdity of some of their teachings. If you intended it to be philosophical, you did an amazing job. Especially fitting it in with the tragedy, the plot and the detail of the characters. It was beautifully written and so cleverly done. I really really admire you for it.

As well as that, the ending was not as sad as I imagined it would be. I thought it was happy, in a way. I liked how their suffering finally ended, and how they got to be together without the judgement of the rest of the town. It was sad, but it couldn’t have ended better. I knew it would end like this anyway because of the rhyme.

I know I’ve said it before on your other stories I’ve read, but thank you so much for writing this, as tragic and as sad as it was, I loved it. And I love you.
sumiko the wacko chapter 9 . 3/23/2011
i just began and finished this today, but...wow. this was absolutely brilliant. it was so tragic and horrible yet so beautiful, all at the same time. jill was such a sad, unfairly treated (that doesnt even sum it up...) character that i wanted to hug her every time shed cry and feel worthless. i loved jack so much, too. his being blond and blue-eyed also contributed to that, hahahh.

at first, i was rather skeptical about the romance because he really never seemed like he cared much until the chapter when you wrote from his point of view. everything made sense then. its all very sweet, really. also, i was hoping that theyd run away together, then i remembered the rhyme and realized they were never meant to have a happy ending.:( at least, not in this world.

to sum it up, this was an AMAZING story! it honestly nearly had me in tears. ill check out your other stuff when i have time.:)
lindallama chapter 9 . 2/15/2011
OMIGOD. THIS STORY IS THE BEST AND SADDEST STORY I'VE EVER READ. :'(
SpasticLittleGirl chapter 9 . 2/15/2011
This made me cry SO MUCH, but the crying was sort of what made me love it so much. It was really wonderfully written, and I just love it :)
Pseudonym59 chapter 9 . 1/25/2011
I will never hear this nursery rhyme again the way I did before.

Bravo on a brilliant story. You deserve every award you recieve for this.
266 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »