Reviews for Jack and Jill
Shadow Gryphon chapter 7 . 5/6/2006
Hm... Arranged marriages in 19th century American were not common, to the point of being nonexistant. Then again, so was woman's lib, and you mentioned it too. Might want to bump it up a century for accuracy.

Virgin ring? I've never heard of one of those. Interesting idea behind it, although what's to prevent someone from putting it back on?
Shadow Gryphon chapter 6 . 5/6/2006
Woah. Harsh, and Jill's acting more than a little crazy. Very well done.
Shadow Gryphon chapter 5 . 5/6/2006
Hm... Again, I don't see why she wouldn't have gone through with it. Having a bit of water put on your head isn't all that strenuous, and if its as humid as the fact that rain is pending suggests, it would be refreshing.

Nice job building the relationship between Jack and Jill. I like the way its going.
Shadow Gryphon chapter 4 . 5/6/2006
Jill has a bit of a complex, doesn't she? Wants attention, doesn't want it, or maybe just isn't sure what she wants. Hm... But I still don't see why she wouldn't have done through with it anyways. She seems clever enough to have figured out that Sylvia was probably right.

Only mistake is that you used breath instead of breathe.
Shadow Gryphon chapter 3 . 5/6/2006
Ooh... This is really fascinating. Still, the combination of an exclamationa nd question mark bothered me. It always looks so out of place...
Shadow Gryphon chapter 2 . 5/6/2006
Fascinatingly dark... I was trying to remember this rhyme earlier today, which made the title all the more appealing.
FormerlyKnownAsKatoka chapter 11 . 5/2/2006
Damn. This has got to be one of the best stories on FP I've ever read. I absolutely love your interpretation of the old children’s rhyme. It's sad, dark, depressing, humorous at times, believable, suspenseful, shocking, and just an overall great read.

One of my favorite stories on this site.
The Latest Plague chapter 10 . 3/25/2006
woah! this was really good! wow... im going to read more of the twisted tails.
Keitorin-san chapter 10 . 1/22/2006
Simply original, dark and edgy with ironic twists to one thought innocent childrens rhyme.
BeautifulSin chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
whoa!
Juni chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
Jack would have no other brideSo Jill followed in suicide

~ ~ ~
N.S. Blanchard chapter 10 . 7/30/2005
what a beautiful story. okay, twisted, but beautiful nonetheless. i like the way you turned the rhyme into something different. does it take long to think of a way to fit a story to soemthing like that? amazing. great job.

eveny
Azazel-angel of death chapter 10 . 7/13/2005
I just read this whole story, and I'm truly impressed, I'd pay money to read stuff like this. The way it made me cringe and cry and gush, oh wow-your good. I hope you publish all your fairy tales someday. I'm definately going to read more of your stories. Keep it up, it's so refreshing to find something good to read.
Daydreamer294 chapter 11 . 4/10/2005
WOW! This is so unbelievably excellent, that no other words cover it but wow.

You are such a fantastic author, I just discovered your story and I read it all in one go. LUVED IT! Jack is so sweet and Jill kinda sounds like me (weird)

Two thumbs up, it kept me guessing the whole way and the children's rhyme, did you make it up yourself? With the alterate version i mean? It is so bloody amazing!

I also am really impressed with how you kept the context of this story in 19th century style, brilliant! I'm adding you onto my favourite author's list, you're the 1st! ;)

This is one of the LONGEST reviews i have ever written but I absolutely Luv ur writing, please write more twisted tales soon.

It's so refreshing to read a story which keeps you guessing and doesn't have many clinches, honestly u r Amazing!

Please, please write more soon,

~Daydreamer294~
twistedFAerieTALes chapter 11 . 3/19/2005
omg. really, really well written and really really good idea. beautiful work-im totally blown away. keep them up! ~Sage
266 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »