Reviews for Shower of Thoughts
Zoey7 chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
wow. this was a great poem. i often think of myself in this same way. you write beautiful poetry. i'm a beginning poet. would you mind reviewing some of my poems? anyway, i'm going to read more of your works. wonderful job!
AuthorNinjaEarth chapter 1 . 4/12/2002
If one truly wants to know him/herself, they must first know who their enemy is; for your enemy is yourself and you, yourself, are your worst enemy. To know my brother, all I need is his heart, but to know myself, all I need is time, a mirror, and a true friend. Excellent Work!
Elij chapter 1 . 4/8/2002
I love the philosophical reflective content of this poem and your unique play with words, ie: "I draw my own conclusions/without a ruler..." and "The sound of your thoughts,/creeping through the foliage of your mind..." Very nicely done!
Shadowgirl chapter 1 . 4/3/2002
Interesting poem. Very deep and I especially like the line "rorschachs as our fingers meet." I like the ending of the poem where the narrator steps away from the mirror. Nice touch.
Margaret Rennie chapter 1 . 3/10/2002
I think we see others more clearly than we see ourselves, because we generally pay more attention to others (we love) than to ourselves. And we're too defensive to spend much time on self-analysis anyway. "I draw my own conclusions without a ruler..." Another example of your beautiful wordsmithing, Mr. Boston.
Fire of the Vampire chapter 1 . 3/6/2002
This is a great poem. It explains how I think we all feel about ourselves before we find who we are. There's one word I didn't know, though: "without a ruler, / rorschachs as . . . ." What does 'rorschachs' mean? Or is it just a typo? But this is a great poem! Thanks for sharing!

God Bless