Reviews for Descent
FairyKun chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
VERY GOOD! I'm very happy for you! I really am...I hope you go far...you are extemely gifted! . peace/love

Kun
Aidlyn chapter 1 . 3/29/2002
I think it is really good. Thanks for reviewing my poems. Next time I think I will go deeper into my poems and try to pick out the meanings. I never know really what I'm trying to show through the poems. Anyways, again, great poem and keep writing. I'll definitely keep reviewing.
GHOooooooostTasukete chapter 1 . 3/23/2002
Ihi! Shows the joy from winning first place. Yaaa... I'm gonna go buy the literary magazine and read it (as well as other stories and poems and pictures). Um. I forgot what it was called in English, so you koufuned, huh? Yaya. Like anyone's going to understand what that meant. This one was kinda more like a story. Me don'ts know why. Still good, all good! Seeyaaaaaaa! (a little overboard, I see)
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 3/17/2002
Very dark, even depressing at times, but very well written. Good work.
Snowlily chapter 1 . 3/13/2002
Wow, that poem was wonderful! I haven't read your other ones, so I can't compare it like your other reviewers have, but I truly thought it was amazing. ;)

Snowlily
miek chapter 1 . 3/11/2002
i suppose if i really have to review... but you can't expect me to oot sdrawkcab weiver, because thats just not fair... but anyways... i liked this poem, its the best one of yours that i've read.
blake8 chapter 1 . 3/11/2002
I like it... Thats all I can say
Aoi Beru chapter 1 . 3/10/2002
Heyo...

That was some nice stuff. Yah, it prolly is one of your longest, but I think your older poems surpass it a little bit in 'in-depth meanings'. This poem really shows that you see 'beyond the obvious' and through your own mind. Your ideas might be a little more mature than others though, it seems to me that you've surpassed the desire of living in the present, but seeing more into the future. It isn't all pain though, let's look beyond that and just enjoy what we have now.
Amaris chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
Hehe pretty good. Your poems are improving a lot if I may say so. Not that the ones before were bad they were just..morbid. And these I think are "deeper" and more feeling-full. Anyway you have really good imager. Sometimes it's kinda creepy. (good way-not bad) Keep it up! And good job on your win!
A.J.Peart chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
I think we have some gold here, or, at least, something that's as good as gold (or better, I'm not a gold expert).

First, I like the little pauses between every other stanza, they create a break in the rhythm much like a heart beat, sort of. That may seem a little far fetched, but then, it may also have been intentional (dunno). Either way, it's a very nice touch.

Every image is beautifully constructed in each stanza, while still seeming to focus on the use of abstract language. The images of the heart and the flame are balanced quite nicely, and the devine presence in the third "part" flows nicely into the poem (just to answer an old question of yours, I'm somewhere between athiest and agnostic, if that means anything to you).

I like the ending, it reminds me a lot of the things I write, which, because my writing is mostly about me, I can relate to it easily.

Yet another great poem to add to your collection, it seems. How 'bout ! x 10 to the 9th power...I hate math...sorry I had to go use that, it was a burst of something that shouldn't have been let go...or something.

(P.S. Cyrano de Bergeraque [spelling?], it's a story about a guy whoes nose is really big, but he loves some woman and reads poetry to her, expressing his love, through a french soldier typed person and I do believe things blow up for him at one point...though I've never read the story...hehe, go fig. If you've seen the movie "Roxanne" than you may be familiar with some of the story.

Also, "ling" is a typo. it's supposed to be "lung."

Lastly: No, I wasn't drunk when I wrote "Encounters of the Night Time Drunk." I think I might have been skipping a class or maybe it was cancelled...something like that, and a friend said, "Hey, why don't you write a story." Half an hour later I had this to show for my time. Chances are pretty good that I was skipping the class too. I did a lot of that...still do...hehe, go fig.)
Sylvia chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
Hey you! BIG WORDS. Hehe. First off notice. I'm always impressed with big words. Anyway... pretty poem. Very nice and discriptive. Hahaha much better than I can do... EX: I have a cat named Larry. He is very Scary. He and my friend Terry

Are gonna beat up Tom and Jerry.

I like the last little "even as it charms and lures" bit. Go you! Winning 25 dollars!