Reviews for Valley of the Mirror
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
Hehe claim it is a very happy poem, but once again it has that faint sadness at the end. It seems as though in your poetry, something is at first seen with optimism, but as you get deeper into it, you realize there is more to it than is often seen. Which is probably true in life as well. Most things that seem good, often have their downsides when look closer upon.
Impressionist chapter 1 . 3/26/2002
nice! I've come to know you as such an angsty person, and I almost came to depend on it. JUST when you think you know writer...BANG! (I haveN't had NEARLY enough sleep) Some people write pieces that are so *wannabe* angsty, but not you. oh no...you try to pretend you're *happy*! wonderful. I'll have to research this. I tried it a few times, but I ended up takin g*most* of my happy stuff off. it was giving me a bad rep! :)

Anyways, I'dlove to make this review so much longer,but Seeing as how I'm supposed to be doing a social essay, I will sign off now. Wonderful ideas...just need to elaborate on the dark side.

keep it real...

me
ObakeeeeeHelp me chapter 1 . 3/23/2002
Really? Me likes. Well, I likes ones that are nature- integrated, and this one's one of them. But your happy poems are also well wrtten. Nyohoho. This reminds me of Yosemite, one way or another. Well, keep on wirting!
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 3/16/2002
Nice. Very soothing. There were some spots where the rhyming sounded a bit forced, but other than that, it was very good. :)
blake8 chapter 1 . 3/11/2002
The wording is a little wierd, as is the story line but for the most part its good... And it rhymes :)
A.J.Peart chapter 1 . 3/10/2002
Well, I can see how you've gone and tried to write a happier poem with this. However, not to down-play the poem in any way, I think you still wrote a sad poem...just not as sad as one that may be considered depressing.

Also, the rhyming scheme is a little rough, but only in a few places...not as bad as you made it out to be.

Now, as I said, the poem does carry a sad feeling within it. It's kind of like suggesting that there was something within your (narrator, could be anyone really, just an assumption) grasp that was passed on, and the last stanza shows the deep regret that is felt for passing it up. The images are great; just like my poem it seems to paint the idea of a utopian paradice of some sort, in which the world is perfect beyond any wildest dreams...something like that...though that's more the poet in me talking than anything else.

Some might argue that the "he" mentioned in the 3rd stanza is the one in which this poem is actually about...some passed oportunity with a lover or something, but I don't think so. I think "he" is part of the paradice instead of the other way around. Maybe I'm just full of it, though.

All in all, I'd say you have a good poem here and it should probably have been left online in the first place. In fact, I'm mildly disappointed to learn that you've been holding out on me! I'm so disappointed, to be precise, that I think that tree's gonna have to get a little bit of a make-over...okay, just kidding. I'm just boing strange, since I've been in mildly good moods for the past couple of days.

(P.S. a trilliam flower is white with three petals...um, I'm not sure what else to say about it except that it's my provicial flower. I grew up being taught that it was illegal to pick them, and though I'm still not sure, I think it's actually illegal to transplant them or something...I don't know! It all seems a little far fetched.

The sisters in "Ode to the..." refer to the three sister of mythology. I don't remember their names, but one was supposed to spin the tread, the next to decide how long it would be, and the third to cut it...something like that. The thread is supposed to represent a person's lifespan. However, I do like your interpretation of it. And yes, the poem is supposed to be about both depression and despair...I think. I may have to read it again to remind myself.)
erisedilla chapter 1 . 3/10/2002
I like it, it's not horrible... very dreamy... good job!
sarirose chapter 1 . 3/10/2002
I love your poem. You have quite alot a talent. Keep Writing. Also I creating a web site full of collection a poetry. I would like this to be part. Please let me know at .

Also I would be truly honored if you reviewed one of my poems. Thank You.