Reviews for I Wanted To
shayomac chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
this is your FIRST free verse? it's AWESOME! the only tip i can give for writting free verse is just let it come out of you, heart to pen, and if you think one line sounds wrong work at it till your satisfied, then you get you feelings across better. but this poem is just so. wow. i think you've captured what you were looking to capture beautifully this is going on my favs list! keep up the amazing work!
Alone in the Desert chapter 1 . 8/22/2002
Wow! Not only do I empathise with this poem a lot, I also think that last line is perfect. It tells so much about sadness and loneliness and coldness, it's right just the way it is. Maybe a few of the other lines would not necessarily have to be exactly like they are, but that's to be expected in a first free-verse, and that last line is just... so pure.
undecided bunny chapter 1 . 3/26/2002
It's a wonderful free verse poem! Very easy to read. I like poems that either rhyme perfectly and have impeccable rythym or free verse_ -haley

PS I don't know if you read the reviews for all your poems (you have So Many!) -This isn't the poem that brought this on, but you are now on my favorite authors list!:)
TheSatinDoll chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
I like this ALOT! I personally, don't really like rhyming it makes it sound to... ick. I thin you should do more of these, plus, i think that it takes need less effort to rhyme. _
Escritora chapter 1 . 3/18/2002
I like this so much. It is really genuine.
Zemmiphobic chapter 1 . 3/12/2002
I really like this- hmm tips on how to write in free verse... well i dunno. all but like 2 of my stuff is free verse. i just let all my thoughts and emotions flow and sometimes they ryhme but usally in odd places. i think it's much easier to write in free verse- ya don't got to think about rhyming and i think ryhme is too constraning- i start with wish and end with fish lol

Love Always
valpincon chapter 1 . 3/12/2002
*blinks rapidly* wow. wow. first free verse poem? why cant i write freeverse poems? splendid stuff, emotive, full of pathos, so sad!and even though its not a rhyming piece, there's something in the rhythm and the way the words are used that causes really stylish resonance in places... like 'I wanted to *press* my lips to *his* and *kiss* him...' then later 'case' goes to 'kiss' and so on...on purpose or by accident i dont know, but its very effective. yay! fresh good poetry at fairly regular intervals! thats why i joined this site! :)