Reviews for Just Friends
Guest chapter 20 . 4/7
Character development in this story was horrible. Cassie was drinking 99% of the story. All the other characters drank a lot too. Cassie and Preston were majorly stupid on the matters of love, Cassie more so than Preston. Though Preston was stupid at the end to not even end his relationship finally with Cindy before seeking out Cassie. Cassie was weak; always running away from her problems. Neither was she a good friend to her other friends.
I'm sorry. I did actually read the whole story so it wasn't that bad but it also left me frustrated and dissatisfied even til the very end. When I began reading this story, my interest was actually peaked. I've never read a story where the main character was the "other" woman to begin with. Cassie seemed like a vibrant character which I would like. However the story from there just went down a spiral which ended with me liking neither Preston or Cassie much.
I do like Nico though :P and Nick.
ClosetReader chapter 20 . 10/21/2012
Angsty and not enough sweet moments. Enjoyed the story though. (:
avidmoonstar chapter 20 . 10/9/2012
At first I thought this story was going to be very similar to The Rules of Verse, and although I did like The Rules of Verse, I felt that too much was blamed on alcohol and no one was taking responsibility for their actions. After a few chapters I realized these characters were more mature, or at least trying to handle their problems in a more mature manner. I felt this story was fairly accurate in representing the complexities of human emotions and relationships. I really loved it.

For me, the only area of improvement I saw was incorporating more of Cassie's and Preston's parental relationships. It comes across clearly towards the end that these dysfunctional 'role models' are the basis for their skewed views on love and healthy relationships, but there isn't really a foundation developed in the story to base this on. For being such a relevant point in the story it just didn't seem to be present enough. I would suggest adding a prologue with a younger Cassie and Preston giving a look at their early friendship but also their parental relationships.
blurrylights chapter 20 . 1/4/2012
I read The Rules of Verse and Just Friends today, and while I'm not sure if you still get these emails/notifications of reviews, I feel like I do have to comment.

I started them off excited, because the plot-lines seemed cute, albeit a little juvenile and not well written, with a lot of "smoldering" looks. As the stories continued on though, I started to be disgusted with your characters. Is all they do drink and smoke and sleep with other people? I find it hard to imagine that even rock stars have no other interest.

But moving even past that, your male protagonists in both stories were JERKS. Both Landon and Preston would get verbally abusive when they were drunk to Cassie and Rae, and the girls just sat back and TOOK IT. When the guys apologized, they didn't even fight back or make them suffer, they just melted right back into their abusive, immature arms.

& how does NO ONE have a problem with Preston cheating on his clearly significant, long-term girlfriend! He proposed to her, for crying out loud! Meanwhile all his friends have absolutely no problem with this, and neither does Cassie, being the "other woman". Of course, Preston has no problem either doing this, constantly tempting Cassie even though his girlfriend MOVED IN WITH HIM.

I could have even dealt with the boorish, immature behavior by the protagonists if you had put even a little bit of backbone into Cassie or Rae. They took the guys' bull lying down, and just ran back into their arms every single time! You made them weak, and like they couldn't live without their men...really pathetic, actually. For being in the 21st century, it doesn't look like your characters understand the concept of being independent women at all.

I was disappointed- I think this series could have had a lot of potential if you didn't have those aforementioned gender problems. It was hard to read, and made me angry that any writer would portray women in relationships this way.
SpasticLittleGirl chapter 20 . 1/11/2011
-high pitched girly squeal-

I guess it doesn't matter what order I read them in, they're still amazing :) So now that I've read the third and second part of the New York series, I'm going to read the first one :D
SpasticLittleGirl chapter 11 . 1/10/2011
Oh so THAT'S how Kat and Nick met! Maybe I shouldn;t have read the series back to front...heh :) This is great by the way! Now, continue reading :)
SpasticLittleGirl chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Oh so THIS is the story of their secret relationship. CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE OF IT. So now I will zip it and keep reading :)
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 20 . 9/22/2010
a great story ) it made me kinda sad, what with that bitter-sweet feeling. in a way i wish they didn't get together again, since they both hurt each other so much, this is definetly not an "and they lived happily ever after" story. the things preston said...ugh, i wanted to kill him! i know it wasn't only his fault but..he was just so nasty! and the friends made me kind of mad to, i wanted them to leave her alone (with all the questions) and make her forget about him. your story made me FEEL, thank you for writing it
HeartsOfDiamonds chapter 20 . 4/6/2010
Great story. I really believe that ths story deserves more credit. It would be good if you continued with the ending, but i guess where you left it is quite satisfying too. Thanks for writing the story.
The Professionals chapter 20 . 2/14/2010
So cute! I really like reading your stories!
christinaxxyo chapter 20 . 11/15/2008
Aw that was cute :)
christinaxxyo chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
It's interesting how you just jumped right into the story without spending much time explaining things before. I've noticed you tend to do that with your stories which isn't a bad thing. It's just different from what I'm used to. I like it so far even though it seems a lot like your other story, The Latest Attraction.
youpin chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Great story.
DuchessYappingDog chapter 20 . 10/26/2005
Man! That took a long time. Sigh. I just finished this story too. I think I'll save the rest for the weekend. I'm messing up my homeworking... as usual. Hahaha. _ But I really, really want to read Kat's story. Maybe because my nickname is Cat. Hahahhaa. Just kidding! Jake is a familiar name. Is he from another one of the stories? Maybe it's just me. I think you should continue Two Very Special Girls. I like that story. I wanted to see that girl get with that guy she hated. Hahahaha.
yvanny chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
Hey. Your story's great. I know you have alot of chapters out but it's still cool for a review.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »