Reviews for Garden of Fire
kcididfnord chapter 1 . 2/19/2003
Oh . very nicely written, especially the first part - "why do I nurture these last dying embers, and why must I constantly stop to remember" - that part especially really applies to my life, so thanks for a good poem.
Alone in the Desert chapter 1 . 8/22/2002
1) I love the rhythm early in the poem. 2) I love how the later part breaks that rhythm unabashedly. Very effective combination. Your work has immense promise. Embers/Remember is particularly striking. I think that transitioning from fire to plants actually makes sense. While the fire provides a classic metaphore of holding on to something doomed to die, the plant metaphore is a little mopre unorthodox and speaks of actively regenerating grudges, nurturing pain, not just holding onto it. Excelent work. The title, however, should probably be chenged. I don't know to what, though.
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
More elusive than most of your poetry, like a memory that fades with time even as you still recall it. The title ties the fire and the plants together, so don't worry about it. It almost feels like the poem is dying all around itself, and is aware of it. I can't explain it any better than that.
Val Mora chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
I like this a lot! What inspired this? I'm curious.. and I think the juxtaposition of flames and flora is interesting. Very creative!
Tameron Millicent chapter 1 . 3/17/2002
Another poem that applies to me... O.O;; Wow. Your amazing! You really are! Thank you so much!
Zemmiphobic chapter 1 . 3/17/2002
i like it even though i don't get it completly but that's because i have gotten sick for the first time this year(i rarely get sick). yeah my best friend got me sick. she spent the night on friday and i woke up today sick. oh well it was worth it. anyways i'll try to write a better review for some other poem when i can think straight so oh well.

Lub Always(that's me talking w/a stuffy nose lol)