Reviews for language without words
Sarah Parker chapter 1 . 1/14/2003
Mmm, the violin. What an instrument. I've been playing for ten years, started shortly before my 6th birthday, and I must say, up until the past year I never truly appreciated the violin... I found it more of a hindrance then a blessing. Could be because the last violin I had, I had outgrown about four years before I finally got a new one so it became actually painful to play. But once I got my new violin, my baby, I'm in love with it once again. This poem captures much about the violin and music and the beauty of both. It's wonderful. *smile*
Tethys-Orion chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
Because I play the violin, perhaps, this poem speaks to me well and truly. Your use of adjectives is smooth and accomplished; and you've not sacrificed it to rhyme and rhythm (which is annoying; some do it, but i won't review such work; i'd rather read blank prose)

Your use of repetition in the first line sof the first two stanzas is well done, too. You must be a musician I think, to understand the feel of the instrument so.

Thank you muchly for your earlier review. i got quite a response to that story; not what i expected. Max is very much me; i'm sure you have some inkling of the cruel edge competition and lack of self-worth have in music, especially the Eastern European music world of the last century. It's good to know there are still people who understand and appreciate classical music. Rock on.
Ysabell chapter 1 . 9/3/2002
thats ever so nice...the last stanza is the triumph...flowing, beautiful, delightful to read and to evisage...well done
sweetspontaneous chapter 1 . 8/13/2002
what can i say now? go write a book.
Robs chapter 1 . 8/13/2002
I used to play the cello, so I can appreciate the value of music. I like the rhyming sequence in this.
unexpected source chapter 1 . 3/31/2002
je l'aime amour la poésie. je l'aime, c'est beau langage est si complexe et tordu. le langauge est une chose merveilleuse. la poésie le décrit parfaitement.

(sometimes other languages say more than English, escpecially when your poem is dealing with it)
Mistress Jakira chapter 1 . 3/30/2002
This is great! _ I love music, and it's so refreshing to know that someone sees it in kind of the same way that I do-not just something that changes with the times and you have to keep up on, but like...like exactly how you put it! :) I love your rhyme scheme and your ideas, nothing sounds forced-it all flows-kinda like music! _ Excellent work, keep at it! MJ