Reviews for A Lesson Learned
Guest chapter 12 . 5/12/2018
This story had a really interesting concept... but I hate to say that the execution was quite poor. First off Kira was not the type of protagonist I wanted to route for. She was a bad person really underneath it all and never got her comuppance. To be honest, Jay was too good for her. Also some of the vital plot points or character arcs and statements happened way too soon in the story or had no foreshadowing. For instance, Evan told Kira he loved her way too soon and metaphorically backed her into a corner where she kinda had to say and feel it back. Also then he suddenly comes out with "this is getting too serious toor quickly" when he was the one who was making to serious in the first place. Not to mention there was no foreshadowing that his feelings for her were dying. I also thought that for a story like this the drama was pretty tame. I'm surprised how Taylor couldn't honestly care that Kira cheated on Jay and took Kira's side in the issue when everything was clearly Kira's fault. Also the whole affair seemed way too casual and easy. Like how the heck did they not get caught having sex in the classroom on the cameras? Also why the heck were other girls who are students interested in a teacher? Wouldn't most girls be attracted to boys their age or at least the majority. Also why did Taylor side with Kira even after she called her boyfriend a Dick? And Kira literally just avoided everything and didn't really grow as a character. I don't know, I just thought her whole character arc seemed forced and pointless when she just ended back up with Jay like she was in the beginning. I feel Jay had the best arc and growth as a character. I just feel like he shouldn't have gotten back together with her, as she seems the type that felt no guilt really for what she did (seeming to have an affair so casaully with Evan) I personally wouldn't trust a girl like her. It felt like things just happened to her, almost like she was a passive character to an extreme degree.
You have a good enough writing style and the characters were never hateable, just unlikeable for their decisions. I think she learnt an unnecessary lesson in the end, unfortunately. She could've avoided this whole pain for everyone if she hadn't just been so self interested and aloof to other's feelings.
I always hate leaving negative reviews. But I always review whatever I read and at least I hope that in the future this critique will help you better your storytelling ability.
Sincerely,
M3rcy.
DREAMIRIS chapter 1 . 2/6/2015
Umm... Where's the story?
moomin girlie chapter 3 . 2/8/2006
It's really a shockin number - the amount of students, especially girls, who have something going on with their teacher. :( I had a 3 year obsession with a history teacher, and eventually it got seriously bad to the point of depression. He teaches me now and I'm over him, but it had to be the worst 3 years of my life.
ELR07 chapter 3 . 4/22/2003
ahh it was so sweet... I loved the ending... but I just hate when things end like that though ...even though it was very realistic.
a chapter 3 . 1/20/2003
I loved the fic but the ending made me cry. I wish Kira and Evan would have ended up together. Ughhhhhh :( It was so sad.
Tiffany chapter 3 . 10/6/2002
Oh my gosh. That was awsome. That made me rethink about a situation that I am going through with a teacher at my school. That was a great story. Keep it up.
Watcher Woman chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
Excellent as always Shauna! I shudder to think of who the teacher is ;o) I love the part about hating to lie eventhough you're good at it. Morpheus is a great name for a cat! I think I've read all the others you have posted here. Can't wait to read more!
DamagedFairy chapter 3 . 4/1/2002
I LOVED THIS STORY...

I also felt in love with my Computer Teacher... we used to hang after our hours and everything... he also has 24 and he kept real about having a normal student-teacher relationship... we never got to have something and maybe that was the right thing... his work was in game and my time in school too.

I ALSO LEARNED THE LESSON