Reviews for Love's Table
Eric chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
What happened to the rest of the story?
Toni Berthelette chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
I liked it, it just does seem like America is the bad guy. Thanks, unnamed Sniper, that was really nice of you :) You can't just judge a country on some people. Like Germany, you can say "Oh, the killed 15 million people in death camps" like that was awful, but you can't assume that all Germans are like that. And so many other countries who did stuff like that, too many to name, but I think you get the point. Canada's awesome though ;) And nice story! *wishes the world could just get along*

~*Toni*~
timequeen chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
oh! i really enjoyed that! :) i'm canadian so huzza for me! and hazza for u for wrighting this!
American Dude chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
Good story.
Most of the Canadians I've met were pretty stuck up, but I don't see them as representatives of their people as a whole. So what if a couple them act like they’re better than me only because I’m an American? I’m proud of being a Citizen of the United States of America, and I’ll probably die here as a happy old man. Every nation, when put under the right circumstances, can be truly great, and noone should ever assume that a whole country is bad, or good, or anything else.
giygas666 chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
Hillarious. An insightful and even poignant commentary on recent events. I'm putting this on Favorites!
UnnamedSniper chapter 1 . 7/11/2003
I think that's the first time I've ever been thanked for posting a thoughtful review. Thank you, for the praise and for describing Canada as such a calm and serene character. It feels good to think that people respect us Canadians, for all our faults. (Hm... I wonder why Fido let me post reviews twice?)
Cera chapter 1 . 6/30/2003
Yes, you're right, America should be praised for many things it's done in its short and powerful history. As a U.S. citizen myself, however, I've had a chance to feel good that I can be apart of that, but also a sense of anguish at our censorship (the poem that Canada wrote) and at times silly elitist attitudes, i.e. the whole "Freedom Fries" thing with France though luckily most of us aren't like that. Mainly I wanted to show that, although Canada gets a bad wrap most of the time for Pacifism, they should be recognized for that. America conquests; Canada (although of course they've participated in important wars) remains stoic, and it's worked for both countries. America has a lot of skeletons in its closet, as so the character, but she's really okay, as I attempted to show at the end. Thank you all for your feedback _ and you especially Unnamed Sniper, for such thoughtful comments.
Unnamed Sniper chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
Beautiful story. If only problems could be solved that easily, and people could get along that well, then the world would be a perfect place. It may not seem like it, but the world is getting better and better as people become more aware of the horrors of war and hatred. As a Canadian, I'd like to point out the interdependence between us and America, even though that partnership has been damaged due to the Iraqi War. It is true that Canada is more peaceloving that the US, but America must be respected for its own sense of justice, grace and liberty. We need them, perhaps even more than they need us. You made the US sound like a villan in this story, but I love and respect our southern neighbor. I just hope the Americans return my sentiment.
Savak chapter 1 . 4/24/2003
Oh my God! I love it! It's beutiful! It... It's... I feel so lucky to have experienced that. I'm adding to favorites. _ Yay!
faery tragedy chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
Amazing! Truly clever story, I got much enjoyment out of it. Different, to the point, but not lacking details. Tres bien.

*Faery Tragedy
CuteCubMD chapter 1 . 8/8/2002
I loved this analogy...truly a wonderful story, which I plan on sharing with some people I know. I think they might like it! VERY inventive, ingenious and clever. Thanks for sharing it! :)
BSBree chapter 1 . 5/27/2002
This si the coolest story I've ever read! One question, where are you from? Canada? Or do you just like us? Yes, I'm a proud Canadian and that story made me so happy. Thta's how I like to think of my country, and it's an honour that other people see us that way.
beziestar chapter 1 . 4/10/2002
This was an excellent story. I love the way you've portrayed each country and I love the meaning behind it all.
Crusader chapter 1 . 4/8/2002
Jamaica saves the day and I somehow visualize him being Wakka. Unique. Very cool.
serene green chapter 1 . 4/7/2002
great story! i thought it was kinda funny, hehehe. maybe its cuz i'm from canada and the way you described canada was funny. but whatever it was, it was good. keep it up!