Reviews for Of Ice
JazzPizza chapter 1 . 3/11/2003
Some good metaphors, and a compelling storyline- but this did suffer from the writer's block. Isn't as natural; the flow isn't as clean, either. Still an interesting piece.
erisedilla chapter 1 . 7/18/2002
love it... I do like that rhyming scheme you have set up, it gives the poem a "false-stability" feel if you know what I mean... which is entirely true, themewise, throughout the whole poem... you talk about how your heart is ice and all that but there's one stanza where you talk about how he melted your heart of ice and thus broke down the ice-like stability you had been feigning... great job, I enjoy your work
Miss Spinn chapter 1 . 5/28/2002
I'm stunned. I don't know what to write, it's so awesome! I just love it. Keep writing!
Escritora chapter 1 . 5/19/2002
I loved Aloha. Truly, it was the best poem I ever read. But, I think this is even better. It brings so much reality and truth and the rhyme scheme flows incredibly well. I am trying to find the meaning. At first, I thought by "gone" that perhaps he moved away, and then I figured that it was a break-up, perhaps one that you inflicted...? While it's completely possible that I'm 100% off-base, it makes me think that perhaps you were too cynical or sarcastic and that he needed more. If this is true, well... it hid me hard. I relate to that very much, seeing that I'm often called Miss Cynic. I'll be more careful, I promise. I do realize that there's a hundred meanings that this poem could have and I only picked up on one, so I'd really love to hear what was your thoughts while writing this. Could you please e-mail me at or ? Thanks! I looks forward to discussing this, and it's going on my favs.

:o) On a side note, I'm going to high-school next year... AAH that's frightening. But, anyway, adios! And I'll get around to telling my crush, "Aloha."
Terra Tigra chapter 1 . 4/13/2002
*sniff* *sniff* Give me a minute. *blows her nose and dries her tears*

*ahem* ok, then. I don't think I even have to say this is sad because, well, it is very obvious ."

Very touching, too. I like the style it was written in with the rhyme scheme, I think it makes a free verse poem that much easier to read. Very nice work, especially for having writters block .

Arrivederci MJ!

-Tigra- .
Suzanne Star chapter 1 . 4/11/2002
This is no "sloppy mess" as you so lovingly termed it. It is fantastic. You've got me *near* tears, and that is something that only one other person has mastered the art of doing. This is truly great, so real in the emotions, so perfect in the theme. All the emotions, and feeling that everything is wrong, while saying that "nothing" is wrong...oh yah, I'm there every day hon. You've captured a very intense emotion with this poem. It's beautiful, and it will be joining my favorite stories list.
Zemmiphobic chapter 1 . 4/10/2002
YES!1 FINALLY A NEW POEM! you don't know how long i have waited for a new poem from you! and it's here! oh yes! and it is awesome! i loved aloha and this is great! thanks for always reviewing!

Love Always
Meirou chapter 1 . 4/10/2002
I've been there...and it's utterly painful. Wonderful job!