Reviews for A Correspondence with New York
Mendelssohn chapter 1 . 4/23/2002
Lovely! It's so profound. It reminds me of when I go into the city the beauty of it - the crowds, noises, sky-high skyscrapers, strange gaits of business men... Looking forward to others!
Amalin chapter 16 . 4/22/2002
Breathtaking. Like a woven tapestry of mirror fragments, a puzzle slowly shifting into one beautifully reflected picture. Favorites would be the eighth, tenth (I tried not to like it so much, being possibly trite, but it wasn't at all - "...it's not just a city/it's a feeling," that's wonderful), and fourteenth. I loved the way the story unfolded, whether it started with you consciously aware of it or not. The New York of your poems breathes, lives, tangles with its occupants and ultimately is the glue that holds these pieces together. Each tile may shine, but the mosaic is even brighter. Beautiful, beautiful work!
Newkirk's Heroes chapter 11 . 4/22/2002
God, these are lovely. If I had to pick a favorite (or favorites...I can't choose just one!), I'd pick: the seventh, the tenth, the eleventh, and the fifteenth, tho' I also loved the one about cigarette smoke! God...I'm so jealous! My city poems are so...shallow, compared to yours!
Newkirks Heroes chapter 3 . 4/16/2002
Ack, I just realized I forgot to space my user name on the other reviews. Like that matters, but...*shrugs*

Anyway...wow! If I had to choose a favorite, it would be #2. Poems to cities are great, because cities express almost the full spectrum of human emotion and all...and these poems are wonderful! I've been to New York twice, and your poems capture the spirit of the city beautifully. Keep writing...PLEASE! lol

Newkirks Heroes
sweetspontaneous chapter 2 . 4/13/2002
cool...oh dammit, now i want to go live in a big city again...
Carter Stockwell chapter 1 . 4/13/2002