Reviews for The Winds of War
Celtic music fan chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
I'm actually a huge fan of the celtic song you plagiarized at the beginning of the chapter. In the future, make sure everything is your own original work. Won't come back to haunt you later.
melissa chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
I like the story, I actually ran upon it searching for a song that we have on a lullaby cd at work. Its the song in the first chapter. Do you have any info on it? The version we have is a woman singing it.
Painted Desert chapter 3 . 11/9/2006
keep writing!
DawnsFire chapter 2 . 2/5/2005
Good story, just seems a little weird that they are so quickly friends. The Prince has been raised to be feel above slaves all his life hasn't he? And the slave... to be submisive? If not maybe a little expalination would help. Anyway, cool story line, Nice descriptions too. Hope you keep writing.
Sweetvenom1 chapter 6 . 6/8/2004
I haven't read it all yet, but what I have is greadt! I will read the rest later, I just wanted to be nice and review.
Rivana chapter 6 . 3/9/2004
oh...that was short but very beautiful. thank you...
Micky chapter 6 . 11/5/2002
I think it was quite fun reading and a very good story...still it would have been good with more slash...but this is good to! -

Micky
Ranger chapter 6 . 6/7/2002
I apologize for not reviewing sooner. I thought that I had reviewed the first few chapters, but either I didn't (most likely) or the fanfic server ate it (quite possible). Anyway, I am correcting my oversight.

This is a very well done story. Your writing is clear but very descriptive. It seemed to me to start out a little slowly, but as you continued and seem to get into it more it picked up pace. I do the same thing, too. Takes me a while to get warmed up.

Your characters were very well written and their personalities well conceived. You said in one of your notes that you liked Terry Brooks. I can see a little of his influence, I think. (I loved his stories as well.) Very good work. I will have to read your other stories as well.

BTW, thank Ayod for directing me here in a review for Treehugger's story. I thank her as well for guiding me to another wonderful author.
TreeHugger chapter 6 . 5/25/2002
Okay this ending is much nicer and ends on a much happier note. Thank you!

I found it interesting that Ell says to Jared "You are my peoples' saviour." Ell's sacrifice and that of his people also saved Jared's people. Pretty cool there!

So did Jared name his son Ellriand?

It was a great story, though way too short!

Ayod Botla too lazy to sign in chapter 5 . 5/13/2002
*sniff* ...No... *sniff* Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! *bursts into tears* You... killed... him... *sniff*

*takes deep breath* ...Okay... that was good. It seemed... right somehow...

Poor Ell... *sniff*

Ayod
TreeHugger chapter 5 . 5/13/2002
Okay. Please don't hate me people! You killed Ell how could you! No, I am not angry with you just surprised and tearing up. *tears tears* I won't ask why the abrupt sorrowful ending since you said not to. But oh, you are wicked! Ell was such a cool character and we all liked him and now he is gone. That is so sad.

Anyway, other than the surprise death there, I enjoyed this story, but it was too short. You write well and this was a neat story and now it is basically over. You must do something longer. Jared was very noble and brave in this chapter and I am glad that he is still alive though he will have some major grief to deal with. I knew the Elves would come, but at what a price!

Thanks for a great story (you killed Ell!) and I hope to hear many more longer longer stories from you!

Ayod Botla chapter 4 . 5/10/2002
*giggles* Hot damn... this is good! Tee hee... _ The Elves sound absolutely yummy!

Ayod

P.S Is this story slash? I can't really tell. Jared and Ell seem like really awesome friends... but I get the feeling that Jared is attracked to Ell (like I said, I dunno... Elves are ALL usually VERY beautiful, even the males... *shrugs shoulders*). Anyhoo... if this IS slash, that's okay (I like slash). If it isn't, that'k okay. (And if it isn't and you absolutely HATE slash forgive me for mentioning it! Not trying to offend!) I dunno... it's just that one guy doesn't think of another guy a beautiful unless... y'know... Okay. I'll shut up now. Thanx 4 e-mailing me, btw! Thanks for offering, but I already draw elves and other things for meself. _

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP !
TreeHugger chapter 4 . 5/9/2002
FLuffy fun tale? Fantasy is seldom fluffy. Perhaps I should say good fantasy. Only fairy tales (sometimes) Though some fairy tales are very dark and dare I say Grimm.!

Any way. Great chapter! You descriptions are so wondrous and a delight to read. I can "see" everything that you write. The Star City of Moonholme sounds like a fantastic place. And the Elves are cool beyond belief.

I understand where Ellriand is coming from with not wanting to get the Elves involved, but poor Jared! His father dead, his country besieged! And now someone he thought was his friend won't help him. Wow!

I hope this rift between them is temporary.

Great chapter! Am waiting for more!

Elvenesse chapter 3 . 5/3/2002
Cool story, is there gonna be more info on Jared and Ell (like how they get on with their families?)!
TreeHugger chapter 3 . 4/30/2002
Here is another review that you can credit to Ayod. And thank you Ayod for alerting me to this story.

This is a great beginning. Your characters are wonderful and you like them right from the beginning and that is important! I loved it in chapter 2 when Jared tells Ell "You stay here." Ell grinned mischievously, "No way."

They fight very well together. Very cool that Ell sleeps with one eye open and ears on the alert.

Your Elves are ultra cool and fantastic, too.

Cant' wait for more!

Elenath sila erin le! [Stars shine on you!]