Reviews for Artist From the Eyes of a Former Lover
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
This poem seems (once again) generally sad and without hope for a brighter future. Yet, at the same time it is more of a bittersweet sadness, wishing/wondering about what could have been. "Death would have for light" was my favorite stanza.
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
FINALLY! Stupid computer!

Well, artsy stuff! Yay! I love this one also. It's one that my small English mind can follow, and I liked the third stanza. Little girl has chaaaanged... well, as always, it's written gorgeously(I used that word so much today). It's a well-written piece of writing!

palette;'''''""''askjjh Isn't it sad that the

asdfjd askdjhd art lover can't draw(?)

askfjw assejhh a palette...

saeuvb * wekjbvk

askejjjs...,,.sfhgadsfh
unwritten chapter 1 . 5/12/2002
i liked it. it was interesting.
Amber Moon chapter 1 . 5/3/2002
"But you belong in your green enclave

with all the other perfect specimens,

working your lovely, painted miracles"

i liked that one

this poem kind of touched base with me a couple of times and it was good.

I love your style

Keep up the good work
Xaviera Xylira chapter 1 . 4/29/2002
. . .

So once again I'm blown away. I'm not even going to pick out the lines and stanzas I especially loved, because it was all amazing and superfluous and simply stunning. (I really need to find new adjectives.)

I loved it. I truly and completely *loved* it. You have no idea how much. It wasn't as complex as some of your other works, and that, I think, is what I admire it so much for. I don't know if it's my favorite; I honestly couldn't tell you which poem of yours is. I only know that you're a truly gifted writer, and I feel more than gratified to be able to read your works.

~Xavi
allie cole chapter 1 . 4/29/2002
As an artist...(and a human being) I love it! Poetry using object such as paint, paintbrushes and all that jazz seem to illusrate the words so much better and descriptively... I know, I know, I'm stating the painfully obvious. hehe Well, I love it. Keep writing. :)

-ali
Impressionist chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
love it. treely rully. (if you haven't read the muddle headed wombat, you won't get my last comment)

I really like your contrasts. you can see the colors as if they were beside the writing on the pages. Painting a picture of a former lover...hmm..brilliant, my dear. I'd say purple with a chicken thrown in. does tha make sense? *nope*.

Obviously, I haven't had enough sleep. anyways.

the last stanza is alot different than the rest of the poem. you talk about painted "miracales". I'm not sure I understand. I got somewhat of a bitter feeling from the rest of the poem, and now maybe you're saying that although you were so deeply hurt, the relationhip was a "masterpiece"? hm..I will ponder that one.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
Very sad, excellent imagery and description overall. Keep writing! :D
A.J.Peart chapter 1 . 4/24/2002
Okay, call me crazy if you must (please do...), but I would almost swear that this poem, despite the title, was about a jealous sibling shadowed by the elder/younger's success in life. I'll give you a quick summary of where I'm coming from:

"shadowed eyes," "the life I couldn't have"

- a summary, in a sense, of my "thesis."

"canvas"

- a canvas could also be a life created by someone for his or her self, I think.

"When did the little girl...subservient to the palette"

- the whole stanza is like asking "what happened to my little sister?" or "We used to be friends, what happened?" Over all, it's the question of "What happened to us?"

"We might have gotten along...across the narrow aisle"

- friend vs. foe

"Death would have been made wasier...me for light"

- death is the end of the road, of life. so life, going through it, would have been easier if this other person had never been around. something like that.

"green"

- colour of envy...

"perfect specimens"

- I guess it's a common attribute of those we are jealous of or feel are better than us. Perfection, something to strive for...

Okay, I know I said it would be shorter this time and it looks long, but I short-formed it, I think. I tried not to go off on random tangents like comparing it to "Pilgrim" by Timothy Findley, which I could have done if I had so chosen too.

As a last point, I'd like to mention that just because I think it might be sibling rivalry, doesn't mean that it has to be. That's just what I thought fit best, though it could also be a friendship or even, as the title suggest, a former romance that may have been torn apart by the "artit's" fame, something like that I guess. Point is: that's just one way of looking at it.

Oh, I should be shot for long reviews.
rainjewel chapter 1 . 4/22/2002
schweet! the true torture of being the lover of an artist. how can you love someone who is so in love with their craft? how can you compete with a vision? your poem hits the spot!
mike chapter 1 . 4/22/2002
very...interesting poem. i have to admit, i don't know what inspired this one either. very... black and white. good poem overall (_)
Phoenix Debonaire chapter 1 . 4/22/2002
It is a good thing! Your powers of writing are for the causes of good! It is with a lovely flow your words come down!

Don't give up, Emerald! You know what you doing!

[somehow, you can tell I have been reading too many hilariously mistranslated Japanese-to-English scripts.]
Bo chapter 1 . 4/22/2002
Great! There is less "death","blood" in your poem.*_*

Although you treat me not well sometimes, I would like to say, you are not alone anyway. If you meet problems, your mom and I will always be your side and help you at the same time. If you feel unhappy or frustration, don't be shy, tell us directly. We are friends! _*
Celestial Phoenix chapter 1 . 4/21/2002
I really like this poem. Especially the "lovely, painted miracles" line. It tied it together nicely. I like the swallowing, too. Very nice.
Sylvi Again chapter 1 . 4/21/2002
Hi! 's my birthday!

ANYWAYZ...

Yay! Something about Art! I like the thingies about light and darkness. Very artsy terms and stuff. The poem was pretty. Not as depressing as most, either. Either that or I'm getting immune to all this. Sweet job on your poem, yo.