Reviews for The Timekeeper, in Five Acts
Thomas Maplewood chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
What does the Timekeeper have to do with this new title.
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
Even though I liked this poem, I think I like your poems better without separate acts. I liked "Playing god to . perfect expressions" and "Worshipped by no . the groundlings." The last line, "prime for a hellish takeover" gives it a gloomy sense of finality.
grey spirit chapter 1 . 5/22/2002
I like the "five acts" idea; the format complements the piece very well. The imagery is exquisite, so kudos to your talent! _
Obake-Kunno not butt chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
It was all fantasy in my mind, at least. Hehe. I like. The whole feel of it is kind of different than the other ones that you've done before. Sure, it's still darkish, but it seems more colorful. Ahh. I have no clue what I'm saying. And the review for the "Artist From the Eyes of a Former Lover," the random letters had spaces in them that made it look like a palette, OK? Everything seems to erase excess spaces.

Wah.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 5/4/2002
The imagery was just exquisite. Hell, the whole poem was exquisite! The parta bout the whip cracking, eyes bleeding and dripping ambrosia...that was beautiful in a horrifying way. Your poetry is always very vivid and has good insights into the human mind. Excellent poem! :)
Kuroppoi Betsumei chapter 1 . 5/1/2002
Okay, I suck at reviews but... That was really cool!
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 5/1/2002
This was a great poem! Dark, but with an intriguing story behind it. I loved it.
Impressionist chapter 1 . 4/29/2002
I like! very much! It's very interesting that this all seems to take place during the day. It seems almost an oxymoron. I mean, vamps, whips, etc...you want to think midnight, and evil darkness. but not you. my thoughtful fanfic friend. I love the ending. it leaves you thinking "hmmm...everyone ran away. the spell has been broken, and there's nothing left. nothing but a memory". almost like a dream that you sort of remember, but you can't quite grasp. the last few stanzas are also very interesting because you're looking back at what you should be leaving without regret. just a few thoughts of the rambling late great me. Sorry to bore you...good work. keep it up.

*runs into a wall* well it SEEMED like a good idea at the tiimme...
Xaviera Xylira chapter 1 . 4/29/2002
I'll never understand how you do it. I have had people in the past tell me that I'm an amazing poet and I have talent, but they obviously have never read anything from you. I always feel that I never quite see the entire picture and meaning behind the words that you have written, because I simply lack the intelligence to see that deep into something that is probably as obvious as the sun, or something that is so profound that it is beyond my reach. I loved the wording in this, the way it flowed... I love the way you include all those nice smart ten-point vocabulary words and still make them sound so natural in the poem, and the style that you write with makes it sound so... refined, so... I don't know. I can't find the correct term. But it was beautiful, and I loved it.

And have I thanked you yet for the review on my White Rose fic? The poem you wrote for it nearly had me crying. I mean, the fic itself was depressing for me (for one reason or another, but I manage to find sadness in most anything, and then I dwell on it), but then your poem, which was so tragically gorgeous, just tipped it all off.

Brilliant job. Truly remarkable.

Xavi
nicolio1220 chapter 1 . 4/27/2002
you go girl!

lots of big words which go way over my head, but otherwise quite enjoyable. lots of very nice metaphors and similies and all that other stuff. so, um, yeah. don't kill yourself, cuz that's not cool and how will you ever make it to college if your'e dead? Anyways, good job, senorita! Si!
Bo chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
The entire stuff is great, I like the part II especially. Don't ask me why, I like it with my sensation. I have a additional question: why do you choose "The Timekeeper" for the tittle?

Keep on writing, I really enjoy your poem! I can improve my English skill at the same time.._
A.J.Peart chapter 1 . 4/24/2002
It's kind of neat, when I read this, as to the fact that you've sort of made The Timekeeper into Satan, or a resonable randition thereof. I mean, okay, well there are only two major reasons for it, and those are the lines: "the arm of the demon" and "of the noonday demon." Granted, it could also be the angel of death, or Death itself, since Death is (according to Milton) a demon.

I also find it interesting that you go through 4 and a half parts with it being 12 noon, and then suddenly it's 1 o'clock. I'd go into this in depth, but I feel I do too much of that, so I'll just say "it's interesting."

There are other reasons why I think The Timekeeper is Satan, just to jump back a bit, with references to Hell, either direct or indirect; images of madness, and the onslought of it; vampires and demons in general...but I'll lob them into the "It's interesting" catagory as well.

Lastly, I'd like to throw one more thing into that catagory by pointing at part III and the whole "Being John Malkovich" thing. I like this part (not best of all, but enough) and find it tasting of reincarnation, suggesting that the poem goes from death at the start and life at the end...sort of a reverse pattern of life. "It's interesting."

Now, before I leave, I said that part III I liked but not best. This is because I like part IV best. I like the images put forth by the words and the connotations of those words and whatnot. I just like reading it.

That's it for now. I hope it doesn't turn out too long.
susu chapter 1 . 4/23/2002
nice...i like this one. It has good imagery. Whatever caused you to say "unlaced retina?" too much physio? heheh
Phoenix Debonaire chapter 1 . 4/23/2002
Good. I like. I wish I could offer more constructive reviews...perhaps in time I'll learn.

"The whip cracked;

my eyes bled

and dripped ambrosia"

Pretty blood! _
Mike chapter 1 . 4/23/2002
Wrote this pretty quickly. Sat there for 10 min, staring, and then scribbled the whole thing down,

I swear. I think it's pretty interesting, nice poem and a good story too.