Reviews for Hypocrite
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 1 . 5/6/2002
Hypocrite? Not really. I don't think it's bad to want more for others than you do for yourself. It's the mark of a genuinely good and giving person.

The reason I said I owe you a lot of reviews is because I always try to write reviews back for every one I've recieved as part of my appreciation. Call it one of my obsessive compulsions. (grin) And whenever I come back here, I'm always impressed with the amount and depth of things you have to say, and the clarity with which you express it. It's never a chore to read your poems, and I don't want you to think I look at it that way.

Well, I've rambled long enough. Time to go spawn some more complementary reviews. (BTW, I have read the Giver. One of my favorites.)
Asianosity chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
you're a very good writer, and I know what it's like to feel like a hypocrite-I'm suffering, yet I tell others to be happy and to live a wonderful life, while I just sit here in the dark with the knife brushing against my lonesome veins...::sigh:: but anyways, enough ranting. excellent work.
Rini chapter 1 . 4/27/2002
sounds a lot like me. Expressing your emotions in your writing brings it out though, and it improves your writing, very good. Keep writing, and thanks again for all the reviews.
Sam Loomis chapter 1 . 4/26/2002
:'( *hugs* You really feel this way sometimes? You can trust me, you know, I've been through nearly the same thing. Even though I can be a pain, I'm always here if you need some comfort or some hugs.

The poem almost made me cry, 'cause I guess I'm always seeing you when I read your stuff, and all the emotion you put into your poems are really...close to home when you know the author. :'(

Love you, big sister.

p.s., I'm glad you've found a way to express your emotions, unlike me :( You can turn your anger and sadness into poems and little pararaphs, but you've seen me in those moods. I explode pathetically

when I'm mad, and I just cry when I'm sad. Love, THB *hugs again*
Terra Tigra chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
Nice stuff MJ! I think everyone is a hypocrite every now and then, I know I am. I think you can fight your sadness and depression. You don't have to win, just as long as you can say you never gave up. Your depression will give in before you do. Nice writing, though, it always is .

Arrivederci!

-Tigra-

star song chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
great job. funny how just about everybody can be considered a hypocrite for one reason or another, even if theyre trying to be helpful
Suzanne Star chapter 1 . 4/24/2002
Hon, ***hug*** I feel like this so often. Lately though, I've had a lot of set backs and regressed to probably one of the worst states of depression I've ever been in. And, as you, I try to tell people that it isn't healthy, and it isn't right...but I can't seem to do take my own advice. This is a really good poem, there is such emotion pouring out of every stanza, every line, each worde even. It's very very well done.
Zemmiphobic chapter 1 . 4/24/2002
don't feel bad- you aren't alone- i feel this way a lot- wonderful poem- i absolutely love it