Reviews for Dead Man Walking
Nice twist
Whisperwind chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
I like it. Good job.
Panchromatic chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
wow. that's really interesting. that ending really caught me off guard. although the chase scene that you start the is interesting and intense, i think that less explaining about how he got into the current situation and more action would make it a little easier to read. but that's your choice: i can't offer any suggestions on how else you might fit that information in.
RavensHaelo chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
Good well written, but pieces of the descriptions were a little off-putting... I'm sorry I can't give you any examples. Simply write more and you'll get it, I'm sure. I hope you don't take that the wrong ...I love supernatural westerns for some reason, and I can't find any others than yours. You wouldn't happen to know any, would you?
glehnmarc chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
I don't usually read westerns, but I'm glad I read yours. It was an excellent piece. Unfortunately I read the reviews firt and something was given away. So some of the twist for me was gone.

Well done.
Leylique Morrow chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
Ohh...let the chills wear off! Exceptionally well-written, if I do say so myself. Do you know this is the only decent western piece I've seen on FictionPress? Everything else is Sally and her cowboy falling in love and going on random trail rides. But this-this is fantastic! I hope to see more of the same, or at least with the same amount of thought and talent put into it.

-Leila
Mr. Blonde chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
I really enjoyed this story! It had all the element's that had me thinking it would go a certain way, and then you surprised me. Excellent work.
OldJoe chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
This is awesome!
melissa chapter 1 . 12/20/2003
it was a lovely story, very nice what do you call it... suspense? yes that's it. anyway, theo was an intersting character, at times before his "conversion" he seemed two different people. i'm terrible at critiques so i won't burden you with whatever my tired brain could produce. i enjoyed your story very much and wish you all possible success in life and any future endevors. merry christmas.
craig daniels chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
This is my first written critcism so don't take my opinion too seriously.
I was impressed with this story. It's creative and well executed. I believe you are on your way to becoming a great writer. I do, however, think the story could be improved in a few areas.
My biggest problem with the story is the length as it applies to the subject matter. I think the story should be longer. Too many details are condensed for my liking. Sometimes condensing works in short stories, sometimes it doesn't, and here it doesn't. It reads like a recapping of series of events taken place prior to this story.
The ending was great with a nice twist, but how about revealing that he is dead through imagery or action rather than saying "He woke up dead, like all the others." That line immediately gives the excellent twist of the story away!
I think this story could be great, given it is given more room to breathe.
Electra Fairford chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
Impressive. Beautiful rendering of the classic cowboy/desert thing, beautiful momentum that keeps going inexorably to the end. The climax scene with Harding's death is very well set up.
One thing: the bounty hunter's speech seems too human...the visual is strong but there should be a strong sense of creepiness from his speech as well...it should be more manicured, more impersonal or more seemingly run from a tape.
Saiouri17 chapter 1 . 10/25/2003
Wow. That was good. Real good. Is there anything more to say?
Dylan Wiles chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
This was eerie. Is it going to be a series? It should of the best stuff on this or any other thread.

My story KID is coming along too. R&R for me?

Thanx. Ill be reading the rest of your stories now.
midnightair chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
This is very good. I think you could turn this into a multiple chapter story. I have read some of your other works as well and think you have a real talent. So keep up the good work.
funkmaster chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
I liked this story. You should continue its really interesting.