Reviews for Mean to Me
Aerak3024 chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
...you lost me. first you mean that he's mean to you(*cry* I know how that feels!), then it switches... It's good, though.
JazzPizza chapter 1 . 3/11/2003
*sighs* Ah, I know this instance, too.

I like how you use double-meaning titles, actually- makes the poem dovetail nicely, gives definitive lining even when you're in free-verse (not just specifically here).

Hmm- I think I must just go to sleep. Thank you for some lovely poetry.
grey spirit chapter 1 . 5/31/2002
It does have a certain ring to it... I am also fond of double-meanings, and so this made me especially gleeful. It fits nicely, but if you ask to what, I must simply say some kind of fleeting premise that sadistcally eludes me. I do like the flow!
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 1 . 5/31/2002
The dual meaning title is what makes this great! You seem to have a lot of common themes in your poetry, but each one has a different facet that exposes more meaning, especially if you read more than one. Good job!
Penumbra chapter 1 . 5/25/2002
Hmmm, very intense and kinda humorous in a way...I love it! I really like your poetry because you don't have the same style for each poem...for example,this one seemed to be written very different from "Veil of Ice"...not a lot of people can switch around like that. Keep up the great work!
Zemmiphobic chapter 1 . 5/19/2002
hi there! i love this! i am back...with avengence- anyways back to the poem- i think everyone can relate to this- i know i can- well i am brain dead so that's all you're getting out of me right now- lol

love always
Terra Tigra chapter 1 . 5/16/2002
Wow MJ, this is really great. I like the way you used the same words ("Mean to me") and yet you changed the meaning completely in the second half. That is so, well, creative! Hehe. All your poems about this certain someone really remind me of my friend and her "certain someone". Great stuff!

Arrivederci!

-Tigra-
Rini chapter 1 . 5/15/2002
Double meanings yey. Always a fun thing to think about, I found this quite a good poem which many people could connect with, no?
Suzanne Star chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
Oh wow, I really like this. I love the different ways you used the phrase "mean to me." That is just...wow, I can't come up with anything else! Gives such a two sided story some sense, and a way to bring together opposing points of view. It's good, and I can relate. Boys can be like that, have two totally different personalities. In one sense they are crude, mean, and just revolting. At the same time, they can be sweet, amazing, and loving. Too bad they can't figure out when it's appropriate to be in each state, eh? LoL! Good poem!

Oh, and btw thanks for you review on "Happiness if for those who will have it." I dont think I made that phrase up by myself, I know I have heard it before applied to religion (ie Gods light is for those who will have it) but I just put in happiness because it felt appropriate for me at the time. :)
allie cole chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
Ahh I absolutely LOVE playing with double meanings! Communicates confusion, yet clarity on how you feel (another double meaning...if you will :)). I like how both the sections (?) follow the same pattern for line breaks and such. Symmetry isn't the easiest thing to pull off... but yes, great job. :)

-ali

PS OH yeah, and if it's no trouble, I would feel very honoured if you could send me that picture. Art is the greatest thing ever invented. Amen.

;)