Reviews for Beauty Come Again
Jessara chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
The story appears to have disappeared, is it stored anywhere else?
Nosmada chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
With regards to the opening excerpt, destruction can sometimes be very beautiful. The mushroom cloud of an atomic bomb is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen-though I'm assuming Elwen on Arcadia do not have nuclear weaponry. (I give them a few more centuries, though)
Is Erith a curalli? That's a land Elwen, right? I'm having a bit of difficulty keeping these Elwen races separated. So far I know of curalli, viaquia, and zorkro.
Hmm, it's bizarre that Erith chastises Surl for being rough with the zorkro guard, given that Erith tends to be a bit psychotic when it comes to dealing with humans. But then I suppose Erith feels that all Elwen life is more valuable than human life.
I wasn't sure in the first story, but I think Erith definitely has some non-platonic feelings for Surl going on, and visa versa.
I liked that Erith was quick to point mentally note Eleriad's facades and pretenses, but I also felt that you may have overdone this to some degree as I counted several statements in which Erith drives home the point of his disdain for Eleriad's 'rhetoric' and her overly fancy style.
This chapter redeemed Lurissa a bit in my eyes, as she is showing valor in deciding to fight Erith mono y mono rather than sending assassins.
Erith dueled Lurissa mentally-I see. Well, while this is very clever, I was sort of sporting for a bloody fight betwixt the two. Perhaps I'll see that next chapter..
Hehe, Surl is such an uke.
Well, it was a very good story of course. I think my only minor complaint is that the theme of 'beauty' and 'art' keeps repeating itself again and again-it feels slightly repetitive if one is to count the number of times which the word 'beauty' appears in this segment. However, Erith was much more likable here than in Royal Beauty Bright, as was Lurissa, and I got to see Eleriad for the first time-so it was very good. I also enjoyed reading about the deepening relationship between Surl/Erith/Lurissa. Lovely.
Jen Littlebottom chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
'attack and eat Erith's soul just on general principles.'... and 'I have never seen anyone-" The guard faltered as though under the pressure of some great emotion, then continued, "I have never seen anyone eat someone's soul without the benefit of fangs before."
O.o ... dayum. I like Erith. But I think I kinda like this guard more. Can I keep him?
Elemmire chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
Hm...okay, I'm less confused by the last story now, but the only part of this one I really liked was the Erith/Surl interaction...

:),

Elemmire
Illandaria chapter 1 . 8/2/2003
Just me pinging you again. I liked this story better than the last one-the images you envoked were wonderful, and that sense of wonder Erith created in Lurissa...Yes, I can see why she'd be unable to deal with it...

Anyway, another excellent story.
CapturedHeart chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
Your hero is twisted, but that's ok too. You seem to have this finesse for writing heros who are outside the circle of things in a very good way.

I also like how you put a saying or proverb at the start of these chapters. It adds to the history and atmosphere of the story.
Kaminari chapter 1 . 5/18/2002
Ah ha, so you DID write a second part! And it STILL isn't concluded! Oh, the agony... I wonder what will happen next. I can tell you this, I do NOT like Lurissa; she freaks me out. Then again, Erith and Surl aren't much better themselves... I still really like this though. Will it be continued? Oh, and I didn't understand Surl's request. What did he mean, "treat me as you treated her"? Please explain. And keep writing!