Reviews for The Parade of the Twisted
Caremel chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
I found this story vaguely disturbing. At the beginning, I found the princess' complaining a bit irritating and repetitive. A bit gory, I'm afraid, at least for me. I felt that Laetha was a bit schizophrenic b/c I really felt she changed a lot between the beginning when she was hunting and when she killed Hanni. I found it very hard to bear her.
Nosmada chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Certainly an interesting premise-bringing forth criminals so that young corame can see what *not* to do. I like that idea; it's fascinating. Personally I didn't really feel sorry for Laetha. So she's a princess-so what? We all have our roles in life, and no matter how 'free' we'd like to be, we'll always have someone we have to answer to. Even if Laetha gets her desired freedom, it's quite possible that she may be killed by another 'hunter' or that there's a pecking order of sorts. Also, what of Laetha's father? Is he dead?
The situation with the scrolls seems very remiscent of how I feel about the Bible, actually-how do you KNOW it's true? 'Because it says it is'. Bleh.
Laetha was interesting in a pscyhopathic sort of way, but she never provoked any sympathy from me. I liked this story-particularly the foreshadowing of the ending.
princess max chapter 1 . 3/4/2004
Hm... (happy sigh!). Oh nice. Well, not really *nice* but so well written. Back to reading more of your stuff:-)
Illandaria chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
Thank you for doing the poor-little-rich-girl cliche justice. I really didn't expect you to go in the direction you went, and I loved the result. :)